BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-27-2010, 10:40 AM   #23
kc_skyrider
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i M-Sport

Yup I the low profile tire machine on ramstein is broken. Clutch is still in the mail and exhaust cutouts won't clear the ground on stock exhaust... So I'm coming in Track tires on a crappy clutch... there will probably be some drifting just wish it was intentional. My group will be 2 for sure maybe a third.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #24
kc_skyrider
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Anyone who wants to ride down with us we're meeting up 0715 Opel Circle Kaiserslautern
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #25
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Ok, guys I am glad to see you all will be making it up here! KC I sent you my handy/cell number. I will probably get there early around 10:30am. That way we can droll over the cars and BS some. Last time we waited there for an hour before we drove off. See you all tomorrow.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #26
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
so how did it go?

Just got back from Turkey....how did your ride go today/
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #27
kc_skyrider
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Started with 5 cars. Ran into alot of snow, even a little ice. I left after lunch. I had a great time but it definatly could have been better with weather and more participants. Or snow tires! I'll let the parties involved elaborate. Since my track tires managed to keep me out of trouble.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #28
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_skyrider View Post
Started with 5 cars. Ran into alot of snow, even a little ice. I left after lunch. I had a great time but it definatly could have been better with weather and more participants. Or snow tires! I'll let the parties involved elaborate. Since my track tires managed to keep me out of trouble.
lol... I wasn't gonna go there... But I will post some pics soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #29
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Hi Guys,

Well… the turnout was a little bit disappointing but we all had fun. We got a light dusting last night. That was enough for some to bailout on us. In the end it was just us diehards left to have some fun in the Schweiz. Chris (from the 1er forum) planned out a very nice drive thru the hills and forests of Franconia. There was only a few butt clenching moments. You could say pucker factor. But for the most part the roads were dry and nice and twisty.

KC and Matt came up from K-Town. Thanks for making the long drive up! While we all talked in the parking lot they told me how they both had only summer tires on! And KC had his semi-slick DOT tires! Lol Talk about courage!

Little did we all know what laid in store for us. Chris had planed out a 160 km long drive for us. The roads were great! There is a reason why so many bikers love this area of Germany. We did about two hours of driving around Franconia. Then we stopped in a small Gast Haus for some local cuisine Franconian style.

Just before our late lunch… we drove to a local ruined castle. Schloss Giechburg. It is an old thousand year (or so) ruined castle that sits atop a small mountain over looking Bamberg. Well… the drive up went fine. But then we pulled into the half plowed parkplatz is where the “event” occurred that KC was alluding too. .

We went down to the bottom of the hill, parking area. We all stopped, but Matt slid into the back of my car. It was a very low speed bump – tap. But the damage was done to my back bumper. Not only the bumper but it looks like the valence is also slightly messed up. Grrrrrrrrrt. Ohh well. Not much I can do about it now. I guess the lesson is you NEED snow tires in winter time. Because on snow or ice you just can’t stop. Matt was very nice about it all. I have no hate for him. It is just frustrating affair.

Well… here are my photos of today’s drive. I did have a nice time. I’m looking forward to a nice dry spring day when we can do this tour again. On today’s drive we basically encountered all the pleasures of winter driving!

Enjoy,
Dackel

The start of our drive…

A stop along the way…
Chris’s 120i…

Angels coded for higher voltage and M-Tek 4500K bulbs.

My car…

Matt’s car…

KC’s 400+ HP beast…

Custom hood…

Daniel’s 125i...

Mountain top houses that this area is famous for…

Here was where the “pucker factor” came into play… I don’t know how KC and Matt stayed on the road!

The parking lot where Matt’s car couldn’t stop.

And some more photos of KC’s ride…

Monster DIY intercooler… YEA!

Again… I harbor no ill feelings. I did have fun out driving today. Just wish things would have been different. But so is Life.

Dackel

videos...

Last edited by Dackelone; 11-28-2010 at 07:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 01:52 AM   #30
LukyLuke
Rep
Drives: 135i cab - 520d (f10)

Nice roads, would have loved to join, but it's definitely not a convertible 135i's weather :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #31
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
I was NOT a happy camper saturday after "someone" decided to change plans on me and sunday having to drive from K-town in total silence for 3 and a half hours knowing I missed out on all the fun.

I sincerely apologize for not being there after I said I would.
      11-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #32
kc_skyrider
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

What can I say the Star Specs are just sticky!, doesn't matter what surface. lol Seriously though I had my winters mounted last night and just in time. I always try to hold out for the last race of summer but it's also a fast way to screw up beautiful cars. I enjoyed the trip and can't wait to bring down my schatzi (the gf not the car) to drive it again in summer. But I'm definatly getting a hotel. All the adrenaline from the winter driving on track tires made the drive home pretty boring and almost put me to sleep. Thanks for all that came and to those that didn't don't worry it was fun but not ideal. See you in the summer
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #33
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Hi Guys,

Just got a link to the video that Daniel (N3rD) shot from his 1er (black 125i). He was the guy riding behind all of us. The video is pretty sweet. So nice shots of KC's car and mine! It is a rather large video file. Took me like an hour to download it! lol Here is the link:

http://zwoeinszwo.de/n3rd/car/1erFor...28.11.2010.avi

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 05:43 PM   #34
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Bring this thread back to Life... man... looking at these pics is a blast from my(us 1Addicts) past!

Dackel
Appreciate 0