BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-15-2016, 08:11 PM   #1
JMSprt135i
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i M-Sport

Thumbs up Wedge Performance tunes Simply Fantastic!! ( My Experience )

Hi fellow Oner's!

I just wanted to take a few moments to give a review of Ken and his fantastic Wedge Performance tunes! I was on the fence on getting a N54 135i or a 09 M3 when I started looking for a new vehicle. Loving the sound of the M3's V8 it almost swayed me that way, but after talking to Ken @ Wedge I just couldn't help myself to save a little money, and have a more tunable car. I think most of you can agree!

The first day I purchased my vehicle Ken told me to bring it by for a stage one! I kind of was hesitant just because my car was all stock, but with walnut blasting just done, and 39K miles I went for it! WOW It was wild the difference, the car just felt great, it was like poking the bear! From then on out, Ken guided me into different parts to purchase to really bring out the power. I ended up with AMS front mount, Evolution Raceworks Charge pipe, Turbo XS Diverter Valves, Stage 2 Intake, replaced all the plastic tubing for silicon tubing, and added ACTIVE AUTOWERKE "GEN-II" SIGNATURE EXHAUST.

I drove the car like this for about 7000 miles with no hiccups, daily driving. Great gas mileage even flooring it everywhere I was still getting 18mpg in average!! City driving It was so smooth and fluid just like a tune should be. Best part you don't need any fancy cords, jb4 devices or anything. Just a Android, MHD Flasher, and Cable and boom you can tune your car. I really am just thrilled with the help and guidance Ken has given me throughout this process. Yesterday being Valentines day I up my tune to a Stage 2 + FMIC, again, just blown away.... Took all about 2 mins, and I am driving down the road even faster than before. I truly love my 1 series, it has been such a blast so far. Mine being an 08 White M sport with a 6 speed, I am not sure I will ever be able to sell this beast!!

Just wanted to give you guys my full review of Wedge Performance and what Ken has done and helped me do!! So glad he talked me into this Platform!!

- Jason

Last edited by JMSprt135i; 02-15-2016 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2016, 08:53 PM   #2
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $

Garage List
Thanks Jason. Appreciate the kind words.

Just a heads up for the readers, Jason is running the new MHD v6 Stage 2 FMIC 93 Oct / 98 Ron map. This map put down 375 whp and 407 wtq on my 100% stock E92 Sport AT with 128k miles on the clock and never walnut blasted. I would guess this map is closer to 400 whp on a well kept FBO car.

PS... I said it once and I'll say it again, if you ever want to sell her, call me first.. Absolutely gorgeous car.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 03:06 AM   #3
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance View Post
Thanks Jason. Appreciate the kind words.

Just a heads up for the readers, Jason is running the new MHD v6 Stage 2 FMIC 93 Oct / 98 Ron map. This map put down 375 whp and 407 wtq on my 100% stock E92 Sport AT with 128k miles on the clock and never walnut blasted. I would guess this map is closer to 400 whp on a well kept FBO car.

PS... I said it once and I'll say it again, if you ever want to sell her, call me first.. Absolutely gorgeous car.
Do you think you guys can do a custom e30 + fbo tune via mhd?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #4
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper135I View Post
Do you think you guys can do a custom e30 + fbo tune via mhd?
MHD has a shelf map for E40. I would recommend running that unless you really want to do a custom tune. Email me for pricing WedgePerformance@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 02:16 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for the review OP ... Good job WedgePerformance

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #6
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance View Post
MHD has a shelf map for E40. I would recommend running that unless you really want to do a custom tune. Email me for pricing WedgePerformance@gmail.com
It's being stacked with jb4 . I know mhd recommends no higher than e30 for the pump flash. I will email shortly, thank you for speedy response and great support/products you offer our n54 community !
Appreciate 0