BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Thumbs up Review of Vivid Racing and BJ @ Vivid Racing

I submitted this to Vivid's site already, but here's the text of my review of my experiences with this awesome vendor. Slightly amended for people reading in the enthusiast community

Quote:
Vivid Racing is probably the best auto parts vendor I have had the pleasure of doing business with online. This is not an exaggeration or an overstatement in any way. I have purchased several "big" and expensive items, including a full carbon fiber hood and a coilover systems from Vivid for my 1er, and I have been more than satisfied with every purchase.

I have received GREAT prices on everything I have purchased from here. Not just good.. un-freaking-believable prices for some things, often cheaper than the next cheapest vendor by triple-digit numbers. I mostly buy through contacting sales representatives directly, not through the online store, and I found that everyone I have ever talked to at this company is honest, sincere, and genuinely helpful and friendly.

When I had a problem with the clearcoat of my hood, I contacted Vivid and almost immediately received a reply from BJ. He promptly contacted the manufacturer of the hood (Seibon) and set things straight, and soon I will be receiving a full replacement at no cost to me.

The only delays I experienced were due to Seibon (the claim had to go through their warranty department, and now I'm awaiting the next "batch" of hoods to be delivered), not Vivid Racing.

BJ seriously deserves a promotion for all the help he's given me! He even provided input and advice based on his opinions concerning what suspension upgrades would benefit my car. I even just received my suspension kit a few days ago (been a while since my original review was posted), only days after ordering (including a weekend), and even earlier than the FedEx time estimate stated!

Vivid Racing is one of those rare vendors that is big enough that things will always go smoothly with your purchases and questions (I have purchased items from small start-up vendors who really did not have their stuff together and customer service was a mess), but small and personal enough that you are not just an order number to them. I highly recommend Vivid over all other vendors I have purchased from (and there are MANY)!

Great prices, amazing customer service, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and an obvious genuine interest in cars all make Vivid Racing my preferred choice for performance parts.
I love a lot of vendors on here (JLevi, Mod Bargains, Alpine to name a few), and all the great ones listed would get an A+ from me.. but from my experience with Vivid Racing I would rate them an A++ with extra credit!

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
I agree. I met BJ in person while I was out shopping @ Best Buy one day. And yesterday he hooked me up with a deal on some wheels that I just couldn't refuse. In fact, they are due to be delivered TODAY! That's right, less than 24 hours after ordering, I should have them INSTALLED on my car.

Easily the best transaction I've ever done. And I've done tons. My review will follow with pics.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
i was lucky enough to visit vivid's shop in AZ on a rally a little bit back. Really nice spot and the vivid guys are really cool.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
I met Rob at the start of the rally. Really cool guy.

Have you recovered yet? LOL.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0