BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
///S55
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Bimmian.com

Never purchase from these guys, bought a backordered CF spoiler from them Mid- October, spoke to a sale associate on the phone regarding the expected arrival of the part and he said it was going to be in "next week"

A week passes by I email them again regarding my order just to follow up on the progress, they then tell me that my order never came in their shipment and the next shipment won't be until 1 month later.

Okay fine, I told the sales rep to contact me if there were any updates. Because I got a the price reduced by $10 I was fine with waiting 1 month for another shipment.

Today, November 4th. I contacted Bimmian.com just to see what was going on as I have not received any emails regarding my order to update me on anything. I was told that my spoiler will not be in stock until January, and the email he sent back to me basically told me since I received an additional discount on my order, don't expect anything more now, since it's delayed another 2 months.

I have pictures of the emails, but I don't want to post them up just incase there are any privacy issues. But I will NOT be ordering from Bimmian.com again.
      11-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Rough... I would cancel and order elsewhere.
      11-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
I ordered two things from bimmian...the colored vinyl roundel overlays and a keychain. I believe they are located in NY and I am in CT so I figured with mail at most it would be a week. Took them like over 3 weeks to get the stuff to me, I am not sure that I would buy anything from them again either.

It was literally a matter of mailing an envelope via USPS and I could have had it in probably 3 days, took forever though.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
Steve@Bimmian
Sales Manager
Rep
Drives: 1-866-423-3799 - ext. 15

Hey NoLimit,

Thanks for posting about your experience. I must admit that if the tables were turned, I would feel exactly the same way. That's why I felt the need to contact you on Friday afternoon by phone, just to explain things a little more. Essentially, this is a new product from AutoCarbon and we were told that this part was going to be included on our last shipment. Unfortunately, after the entire Autocarbon shipment was unloaded and put into our inventory, we realized that this piece (and a few other pieces) were not included. We immediately contacted AutoCarbon for an explaination and they said that the product would be included in our next shipment that is due in January. We are a distributor of their product, so I have no problem taking responsibility for the part not showing up if anyone needs to pin the blame on someone. However, this situation is truly beyond my control and in the hands of Autocarbon at the moment.

It was a pleasure speaking with you on Friday and thanks so much for your patience in regards to this order. Let me know if you need anything else.

Last edited by Steve@Bimmian; 11-07-2011 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
Steve@Bimmian
Sales Manager
Rep
Drives: 1-866-423-3799 - ext. 15

Hey Crbalch,

When you are checking out, there is a disclaimer that pops up that states that the airmail service can takes up to 30 days for delivery. The only shipping method that is guaranteed within a specific time is the UPS shipping methods. If you look at your order status page, the shipment was sent out within 24 hours and at that point, is in the hands of the postal service. We did everything within our power to satisfy your order in a timely manner; however, with the postal service, there is no way to guarantee a delivery date. I am very sorry that the delivery didn't meet your expectations. What I usually suggest to any customers that I speak with is, instead of spending $5 on the airmail service, spend then extra $5 to upgrade to ground and look at it as being insurance on the package to arrive intact and on time.

If you are willing to give us another shot, pm your email address and I will send you a 10% discount code that you can use towards your next order. Again, accept my apologies.
      11-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@Bimmian View Post
Hey Crbalch,

When you are checking out, there is a disclaimer that pops up that states that the airmail service can takes up to 30 days for delivery. The only shipping method that is guaranteed within a specific time is the UPS shipping methods. If you look at your order status page, the shipment was sent out within 24 hours and at that point, is in the hands of the postal service. We did everything within our power to satisfy your order in a timely manner; however, with the postal service, there is no way to guarantee a delivery date. I am very sorry that the delivery didn't meet your expectations. What I usually suggest to any customers that I speak with is, instead of spending $5 on the airmail service, spend then extra $5 to upgrade to ground and look at it as being insurance on the package to arrive intact and on time.

If you are willing to give us another shot, pm your email address and I will send you a 10% discount code that you can use towards your next order. Again, accept my apologies.
PM sent, I dont recall seeing a popup, would have definitely upgraded had I known. I fully understand though so no hard feelings here!
Appreciate 0