BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-21-2020, 10:51 PM   #1
NORAGRETS
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Installed roof rack, pics for ppl interested

I remember reading someone's request for pics of roof racks a while back and finally got around to installing mine.

OEM BMW E82 rack.

Painted black. Used straight up rust-o-leum primer/and satin black spray paint (3-4 coats of both primer and paint) didn't want the silver on the BSM paint.

All hardware was removed prior to priming and painting, mounts and bars were painted individually etc.

I took off the plastic pieces that surrounded the actual mounting points bc they didn't sit well installed and was worried about scratching the roof. Sleeker look without IMO...

Highway noise is non-existent with windows up or down. The only time I hear anything is w the sunroof open, and even that noise is minimal (just sounds like a little more wind noise, very tolerable and you don't notice after a while).

I know some guys love the roof rack look, some hate it. I'll admit, this has grown on me tremendously and I love it.

Install was really easy...
Attached Images

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 1
Silnismo225.50