BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-01-2018, 02:11 AM   #23
grilodan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5, 2017 BMW X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
I can't remember off the top of my head exactly where except that they were at the very rear of the roof on either side. I didn't lift up the roof to diagnose the problem but actually when the roof was closed. It is much easier to see that they're loose and flap around and when you pull back the loose flaps you'll see a plastic tab. Then you just stretch it to fit over the lock and it'll be nice and taught again with no more rattle.

When I get home later I'll have a quick look and see if I can't take a picture for you if you haven't figured it out already.

Edit: I haven't gotten home yet but it should be around where I've circled on either side of the roof.
Any chance you could share more pictures and directions for this? You’re my last hope. Please.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 04:01 PM   #24
olds350
Needs a long road trip...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e91, '13 e88, '19 golf R

Let me see if I can help out here. The previous pics were great, but the circled area was wrong. I've also suffered from the rear window rattle and I'm hoping what I did fixed it. In regard to the bump stops, look at this pic. Sorry, it's not as clear as the last one...

Shows 2 1"dia rubber stops that land on a metal plate inside the clam shell. There's one on each side of the clam shell itself. I just did a 1/4 turn counterclockwise to extend the stops down just a touch. The previous comment about the rubber smelling and getting on your hands is spot on, stinks, took a couple of hand washes to get most of it off.

I also had an additional issue when I hit the brakes, I could here something sliding around in the back and it was driving me crazy. Got lucky when I was adjusting the bump stops, found a freaking piece of wood molding in the back. That should solve the sliding noise issue!!

Appreciate 0