E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Another 330i vs IS 350 and others review

11-27-2005, 06:51 AM   #23
yujini
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 30d, Boxster GTS (981)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xens
I saw my first IS350 in motion today, it was indeed a good looking car.

Wouldn't buy one though.
ehhhhh was it? I saw it for the first time yesterday and it seemed like a nice car, but it felt just like the first day I saw the older IS300.
IS300 looks very nice, but I have a feeling people will be bored with the exterior after a year or two.

And wow, the back really does look similar to the 2006 hyundai sonata just like the detroit news review said.

Powerwise, we'll see how the new 335 will do compared to the IS350. Now that's a real comparison
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 01:44 PM   #24
ihavedrivenanm1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ['02 e46] '06 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by yujini
Powerwise, we'll see how the new 335 will do compared to the IS350. Now that's a real comparison
Save for the fact that the IS 350 is a real car here to day.

The 335 is a pipe dream that is at best two years away, if it ever comes.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2005, 03:08 PM   #25
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ex-Z4; now looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavedrivenanm1
Save for the fact that the IS 350 is a real car here to day.

The 335 is a pipe dream that is at best two years away, if it ever comes.

I expect and so does my CA that the 335i will be here by end of summer.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2005, 08:11 AM   #26
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavedrivenanm1
Let's face it; there are going to be a lot of car buyers out there who will let their front brain [which knows enough to admit that 99.95% of ownership time will be spent on city streets while driving in traffic to and from work] override their rear brain [which wants to make believe that about 50% of ownership time will be spent on the "twisty bits" [god that cliché is starting to make me ill] thus steering ratio [for example] is more important than anything else, etc.

These buyers are frankly savvy enough to be able to tell that much of the "Oh, the e90 is so superior, the IS totally sucks" ra-ra is just overblown hyperbole from fanboys, most of whom likely own neither car.

Yes the e90 is better than the IS in almost all categories save power and luxury/ride comfort. And yes, I for one do not regret my decision to buy a loaded 330i. However, the gap separating the two on all of the other points is not as wide as some would like to believe. Having driven the IS350 I can say that Lexus has come a lot closer to the 3 Series than anyone in Munich [and many on this board] would like, or have the balls to admit.

Anyone who has actually driven an IS350 and a 330i under similar circumstances and then says something like, "The IS totally sucks, the steering is like a Tercel, the interior is cheap", etc. is either a delusional fanboy or just doesn't know $hit about cars. As I said, the 330i is still, clearly the better car overall, but Munich had better be looking over their shoulder or they will soon be getting passed on the outside by the likes of Lexus and other non-traditional marques.
I agree...The IS is an excellent alternative to owning, not leasing, a sports sedan. You get great bang for the buck since most owners will never drive their cars up to the point where they'd notice the difference between an IS and E90. Yes the E90 is one awsome machine, but do u really want to spent that kind of $$ on a car that spends it's life in rush hour traffic, and piddles around to/from the store on the weekend? (This has always been my one regret with owning a BMW)
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2005, 08:28 AM   #27
ABR
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom
Yes the E90 is one awsome machine, but do u really want to spent that kind of $$ on a car that spends it's life in rush hour traffic, and piddles around to/from the store on the weekend? (This has always been my one regret with owning a BMW)
Absolutely. I drive my car to grocery store as it has been stolen and back as normal (so I don't make mess in the trunk).

IS is great car and I even had a deposit on it, but E90 is more fun.
      11-28-2005, 08:49 AM   #28
jmcphillips1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 128 Coupe

Garage List
The IS will never be a BMW!! Period!!
Appreciate 0