BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #23
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

Well I hope they don't need more than 2 days. My time is short and I need to be logging miles on that baby so I don't pay the taxes when I get to Cali.
Darn it.

Not to Jack this thread, but --I have the SSK too. It's nice. 1-2 is the best. To be real picky about it, I can only say that it "seems" to be installed very slightly closer towards the dash so although the throw is shorter, I feel that I still have to reach a bit. I kept my original M bag and knob. The dealer bought back the performance ones that came with the kit so in essence, I got my SSK installed for 15 euro. Sweet deal.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #24
Ghostbear
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135is 09

well it wasn't only ses light afterwards the car got the jitters felt like losing 250 hp and driving over a gravel road, needed to stop and restart
      05-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #25
OBuehlerRules
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 Montego Blue 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I know a dude who dropped off his '10 135i for the same issue (loooooong cranks/SES light/limited power light) in K-town @ Euler BMW and he hasn't heard anything from them since he dropped the car off Monday morning. Don't know if they are going to change the pump or reset the software or what the deal is.......
      05-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #26
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBuehlerRules View Post
I know a dude who dropped off his '10 135i for the same issue (loooooong cranks/SES light/limited power light) in K-town @ Euler BMW and he hasn't heard anything from them since he dropped the car off Monday morning. Don't know if they are going to change the pump or reset the software or what the deal is.......
that is funny becasue I dropped off my car early monday morning, but I didn't have an appointment and asked them to please get to it soon 'cause I am moving to Vilseck next week. What color is his car?
      05-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #27
BBBluey
Major
Rep

I picked up my car yesterday from the dealer supposedly fixed with new software and a fuel filter replacement. I def lost pwr and today...another long crank I was so happy getting my car back in 2 days time ready to roll that I just took the keys and left without any paperwork to show the warranty work accomplished.

I wish stupid BMW would announce the release of the M1 now so that I could trade in my 1 before I PCS as to get the price we pay. If this doesn't happen, I'll probably trade it in for the '11 Mustang.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #28
REVNU
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 WRX 2.2 Stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBluey View Post
I wish stupid BMW would announce the release of the M1 now so that I could trade in my 1 before I PCS as to get the price we pay. If this doesn't happen, I'll probably trade it in for the '11 Mustang.
What makes you think they will have fixed the HPFP issue with the M1??? I sure hope they DO get it right, but all these stories kind of scare me. With that being said, I'll be ordering 2011 135 soon. I pray there are no issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #29
OBuehlerRules
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
that is funny becasue I dropped off my car early monday morning, but I didn't have an appointment and asked them to please get to it soon 'cause I am moving to Vilseck next week. What color is his car?
It's black w/ red interior..... They JUST called him today, friday, about 4 minutes ago at 4:07pm and told him to his car is ready. When he gets back, I will find out wehat they did to it.
      05-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #30
none420
Registered
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i coupe

Quote:
It's black w/ red interior..... They JUST called him today, friday, about 4 minutes ago at 4:07pm and told him to his car is ready. When he gets back, I will find out wehat they did to it.
Yeah, I was in to much of a hurry to drive it again to ask. I hope they changed the pump, but who knows. I will ask for the paperwork when I go back in the morning to pick up the stuff I left in the loaner.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #31
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by none420 View Post
Yeah, I was in to much of a hurry to drive it again to ask. I hope they changed the pump, but who knows. I will ask for the paperwork when I go back in the morning to pick up the stuff I left in the loaner.
I got called today about 4:35 PM while I was at a field trip with my son's class. I will be getting mine on monday and will have video camera in tow. If it takes more than 2 seconds, I am walking back in with the video.

None, Did you leave yours at Euler Kaiserslautern? If you saw a black sapphire on black with offset shipping plates, that was mine.
      05-16-2010, 03:05 AM   #32
none420
Registered
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
I got called today about 4:35 PM while I was at a field trip with my son's class. I will be getting mine on monday and will have video camera in tow. If it takes more than 2 seconds, I am walking back in with the video.

None, Did you leave yours at Euler Kaiserslautern? If you saw a black sapphire on black with offset shipping plates, that was mine.
Don't blame you about the video. And yes, I saw your car there. It was sitting out on Sat. when I went back. I was admiring your wheels. They changed the pump on mine so I hope they did the same for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 03:10 AM   #33
OBuehlerRules
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Did you admire that sweet crashed-up M3, too??
      05-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #34
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by none420 View Post
Don't blame you about the video. And yes, I saw your car there. It was sitting out on Sat. when I went back. I was admiring your wheels. They changed the pump on mine so I hope they did the same for you.
So I guess you saw the chunk I took off the front right .....I took a curve a little to motivated and slid too much. I hope they did change the pump too. Will post vid later in the week.

Quote:
Did you admire that sweet crashed-up M3, too??
Sh!T!!!!!! someone toasted an M3?!?!?!?!? I will be taking the camera too
      05-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #35
kc_skyrider
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i M-Sport

update. And mines gone. Figured with long cranks it was on the way and deserved to be punished so I mixed up a gallon of toulene with 4 gallons of racing 100 so over 100octane american. had it all in a jerry can in the back of the car on my way to bitburg. The plan was to empty my tank on the drive to bitburg then fill up with my rocket fuel and distroy the drag strip on map 9. About 10km from bitburg the pump went out. BEFORE I could use my home made go juice. didn't care to argue with dealer or have them trouble shoot every thing it was not. so I magicall obtained a new fuel pump installed it myself on saturday and would have raced all day except I jacked up my knock sensor. (expensive lesson learned don't play with knock sensors and yes they have a torque rating) So at the end of my weekend no racing and drove back with limp mode and no boost. Oh well hopefully BMW will eventually get a new pump but if not it's almost worth $300 a year poping in a new fuel pump just to distroy it with all my mods lol.

But the morale of the story is
dealer diagnostics, and replacement of HPFP = free + a week
Buying your own and learning how to work on your own car = $300 + 1hr 45min + $100 ping sensor you jacked up in the process.

how much is your time worth?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #36
Ghostbear
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135is 09

I am officially on No.2 first one held 522XX km
      05-22-2010, 03:11 AM   #37
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Got mine last monday and I still feel like it cranks long and since they won't tell me exactly what they did to the car except that they did warranty work I will probably take it again over here. They have 2 dealers and i'm trying to get info on both as to which one is better overall. Once the house is more situated since i got my furniture friday, I will post a vid onthe cranking.

Nick
      05-22-2010, 05:02 AM   #38
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

When you guys go to the German dealer... Do you get any paper work that shows what they repaired? With a description and part numbers?

The reason I ask... is bc for my first visit... the dealer would not give me any paper work. Nothing. ??? This was for an engine miss. They told me they replaced all six injectors and spark plugs.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 06:56 AM   #39
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
I just spoke with my landlord's son, he has a 335i (N54) and he's on his 3rd HPFP right now.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #40
BBBluey
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
When you guys go to the German dealer... Do you get any paper work that shows what they repaired? With a description and part numbers?

The reason I ask... is bc for my first visit... the dealer would not give me any paper work. Nothing. ??? This was for an engine miss. They told me they replaced all six injectors and spark plugs.
I didn't get any paperwork on my warranty work either. When I asked for it they said they don't give it out but that they would show me on the database the work they performed. Apparantly, the database is global so when I do go back to the states, the work they performed here will be visible over there.
I still think it's a crock as I like to keep my own records for proof of work. A perfect example: When I took my car in for the HPFP, thier database showed fuel pump + filter + software was the work and replacement parts--the dealer even explained it all to me. Then again I had a long crank so I took it back in. When I picked it up they then told me that this time the fuel pump was replaced-- I told them it was replaced the first time as well but they then changed the story saying that no it hadn't because BMW hadn't approved it, that only the software and some filter was done. So there you go, lack of paperwork on our side to prove the BS that's going on.
However, my car now runs like new--starts right up and pulls without lag that I've noticed.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #41
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
I have again the same long cranks as before but not as currently as before. I asked the same about some paperwork and I was told by two people who I respect alot, one was the former owner of Schaefer BMW (now Euler) in Kaiserslautern, that by some German law, the dealer DOES NOT have to tell you what they did to the car if it was warranty work because the manufaturer WILL NOT allow them to. Supposedly, it is to protect the maufacturer of any liabilities that may occur. The only thing they gave me was a paper with the steps that they did in the checking the car process.

Now I have to find out where to take the car where I am at now since there are 2 different dealers here. Hopefully they can tell me what was done since I guess all they did was update the software.
      05-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #42
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

I just booked my car for a warranty service in London as for the past 3 weeks I regularly experienced long cranks every morning I start the car. No issues apart from that but sometimes after pressing the start/stop button it takes good 7 or so seconds to start the engine to the point that I'm thinking "this time it won't start up" It's quite annoying and a bit embarrassing as people around see a nice car which has problems starting up.
My mileage is 40,000 kms after delivery in nov 2008.
      05-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #43
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

also when I was driving the car between Pol and UK at every stop for refueling or rest the car had difficulties starting up even though it was warm etc.
      05-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #44
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Finally got the CEL light and warning on Sunday (recorded on video) and today. Dealer time in 10 days for appt.