BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #45
1Nthuziast
Rep
Drives:

So Cal sales

I have been to all the dealers in SD county. Most selling for MSRP and some stating all cars must have LoJack (795) and Permaguard (895). Obvio, that dealership's out. SD BMW offering 500 off MSRP if you ask. Lease deals may come out by summertime. I am waiting to see a car with terracotta interior (LWB8) prior to placing my order.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #46
JHRedondo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

South Bay BMW

I dealt with Jim S. in Internet Sales at South Bay with my 128i. It was quick and painless @ MSRP. However, I am still waiting on my prod. # after 3 weeks. I am at the top of the list in the order bank. He claimed that the 128i should not take as long as the 135i.

:drinking:
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #47
Kayne
Rep
Drives:

When you guys are saying at MSRP, you guys are meaning before tax, license, and registration fees right?

This is why I like OTD prices... nice simple and easy especially since we all live in Cali, where taxes are about the same throughout.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #48
Doolab
Private
Rep
Drives: '96 Maxima SE 5MT, '04 MB E500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayne View Post
When you guys are saying at MSRP, you guys are meaning before tax, license, and registration fees right?

This is why I like OTD prices... nice simple and easy especially since we all live in Cali, where taxes are about the same throughout.
Yes before tax, license, registration fees...

I think it's better not to bundle things when negotiating the purchase of a car with a dealer... If you do, they have the advantage to hide all sorts of fees/charges that would easily be overlooked until it's too late.

It is to your advantage to keep the prices separate, even down to writing the invoice price and then negotiating the dealer profit that you will agree to giving them.

Anyway, to give you an idea of the OTD price you'll be paying, just take the price of the car then add sales tax (8.25% in LA County), plus another 1.5% for title, registration, etc.

Roughly, you can do this: Your negotiated price + 9.75% (Tax & Reg) = your OTD Price that you will pay for or finance.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #49
AdaminLA
Rep
Drives:

I got my 128i at Century West BMW near Universal City. They were pretty straightforward, gave me a reasonable deal and trade-in. When I bought it 10 days ago, they had my 128i coupe on the lot, along with 2 convertibles loaded with options (I don't remember if they were 128s or 135s, but both were over 40K).

The salesperson basically told me that the ones shipped to the dealerships are loaded with more options and crap than most people want, so if you are a person that wants a loaded model, the dealers will give you a good price (below sticker) because the ones on the lot aren't moving.

The flip side is that if you want a bare-bones version, you probably have to order it. That might change in the future, though, because the dealers are discovering that most people who are interest in 1ers want a fairly back-to-basics BMW and don't want to spend over a certain amount. Once the price gets too high, it kind of defeats the purpose of the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #50
scottn2retro
Major
Rep
Drives:

Just picked up my 135i stripped down with nothing but Sport Package from Judy Ray at Crevier :thumbup:

It almost made them cry when I told them within a month, it will have a roll cage in it.

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #51
theanhdy
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn2retro View Post
Just picked up my 135i stripped down with nothing but Sport Package from Judy Ray at Crevier :thumbup:

It almost made them cry when I told them within a month, it will have a roll cage in it.

how much did you pay before and after tax?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 01:18 AM   #52
scottn2retro
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnhDy View Post
how much did you pay before and after tax?
MSRP - but this was a fairly rare car (stripper with nothing but 6 speed and sport package) and other people had been trying to get the car out from under me, but thankfully, Judy and Crevier were nice enough to 'sit on it' for me until I was ready.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #53
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Savage BMW is offering $750 off MSRP and it looks like they have the 3.9 apr financing....
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #54
davidframe
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2002 535is 135 135 235 530e

Just wanted to add Pacific BMW to a recommend list. Dealings with dealers is a dreaded part of the process, but Pacific - and Mary Anne Lutton - set a new standard for making the experience painless. No haggling over fees, no relentless upsells, a fair discount off MSRP. Not the shortest wait of all time, but, hey, there's paperwork to do. Added advice: get financing approved beforehand with BMW-FS - or anyone else - one less thing to negotiate. But KNOW your money factors with dealer markup, because BMW FS will NOT tell you what they are.

135i coupe graphite step
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #55
akak1997
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 @ 135mph

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Nick Alexader treated me well, but it's kinda out of the way.
Reza has sold many cars to my friends.

I'll probaby get it from Long Beach since they're close and seem to take care of their customers, thought their sevice department SA could use a little help. They're not all that willing to help.
+1 for Reza and Nick Alexander, got mine from them. I know what I want and what I want to pay, ordering process took 40mins tops. When it's time to pick my car up, it's nice and clean and everyone there is super nice. Also, the Finance dept is not pushy for selling you junk, they will go thru the list, I just said not interested and we move on with all the paper work. This is probably the best experience buying a car.

I got my 04 Z4 from Beverly Hills BMW got a great deal at that time. Too bad they can't match the price on the 135 I's looking for.

I checked out New Century, they're kinda slow and I know from the service guys that they aren't pushing the 1er at all, and that's why I went to Nick.

Service at New Century is Great tho.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #56
Stew
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akak1997 View Post
+1 for Reza and Nick Alexander, got mine from them. I know what I want and what I want to pay, ordering process took 40mins tops. When it's time to pick my car up, it's nice and clean and everyone there is super nice. Also, the Finance dept is not pushy for selling you junk, they will go thru the list, I just said not interested and we move on with all the paper work. This is probably the best experience buying a car.

I got my 04 Z4 from Beverly Hills BMW got a great deal at that time. Too bad they can't match the price on the 135 I's looking for.

I checked out New Century, they're kinda slow and I know from the service guys that they aren't pushing the 1er at all, and that's why I went to Nick.

Service at New Century is Great tho.
Good to hear the service at New Century is good...I ended up getting a used 330 there and need to take it in for a sticking window button and some things...
      08-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #57
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

+1
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 12:46 AM   #58
Unison8
Baseball Time
Rep
Drives: VW GTi