BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
Shocker
1 in the Stink
6
Rep
141
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

iTrader: (0)

Roundel Swap-out?

Anyone do this yet?? Looking for tips on removing existing roundel emblem on hood and trunk for swap out.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
65
Rep
5,972
Posts

Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN

iTrader: (0)

Swap for what?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
Lester
Colonel
64
Rep
2,899
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
Swap for what?
My question as well. The roundels just pry off, but be careful or you will scratch the paint. Use a plastic pry bar.

If you just want to change the color from blue to red, black or carbon, Bavauto offers decals to stick over the standard color, but IMHO is a completely unnessecary mod.
__________________
2008 135i, Jet Black, 6 spd, Canadian Sport package, black leatherette, manual seats, aluminum glacier trim, PDC.

1983 E21 Delphin, M10, 5 speed, LSD, MSW wheels, recaro seats, Hartge strut brace, rear sway bar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 05:58 AM   #4
Shocker
1 in the Stink
6
Rep
141
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
My question as well. The roundels just pry off, but be careful or you will scratch the paint. Use a plastic pry bar.

If you just want to change the color from blue to red, black or carbon, Bavauto offers decals to stick over the standard color, but IMHO is a completely unnessecary mod.
I would never go with vinyl overlays. They make actual roundels that go on.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 06:32 AM   #5
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
MVF4Rrider's Avatar
86
Rep
2,060
Posts

Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas NV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
I would never go with vinyl overlays. They make actual roundels that go on.
Who is "they"?
__________________
'08 Carrera S 6MT Guards Red/Black ext leather, Carbon fiber pkg, sport exh, sport chrono +, PASM, Nav, Bose, 19" forged turbos, red tranny tunnel
'07 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 1+1, Corse Red/Silver, RG3 race pipes and factory race ECU
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 06:45 AM   #6
rocketpop
Captain
rocketpop's Avatar
No_Country
35
Rep
856
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Home

iTrader: (0)

How too:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...30-Roundel.htm
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #7
ArBrnSnpr
Private
0
Rep
72
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

iTrader: (0)

Use the packing straps used to keep heavy card board boxes from falling apart in shipping. They're usually white, or yellow plastic. Slip an end of the strap under the roundel and feed it through to the other side, then pull up on both ends that are sticking out from under the roundel.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
Shocker
1 in the Stink
6
Rep
141
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArBrnSnpr View Post
Use the packing straps used to keep heavy card board boxes from falling apart in shipping. They're usually white, or yellow plastic. Slip an end of the strap under the roundel and feed it through to the other side, then pull up on both ends that are sticking out from under the roundel.
Nice, sounds like the would be better than putting a screwdriver anywhere near it.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST