BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #23
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

What morel woofers are those? ADMW 9? I didn't realize they were so beefy looking. They look more like subs than midbasses.

Nice job on the install!
      11-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #24
steve_setzer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
What morel woofers are those? ADMW 9? I didn't realize they were so beefy looking. They look more like subs than midbasses.

Nice job on the install!
These aren't actually the ADMW 9's. They're MW 265's, raw woofers. They're supposed to fair a bit better in small enclosures.
      11-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #25
steve_setzer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivik30 View Post
Hey,

Prying harder actually worked with getting the subs out. I have installed them and ran the wires. Just trying to figure out where the remote power on is for the standard audio system. Someone said in the middle console close to the cig lighter and aux port. Not sure which wire it could be.
There is one near the cig lighter, but that's a pain to get to. I've used Technic's harness. This allowed me to extend the factory harness a little and splice into the Technic harness rather than cutting any factory wires.

I attached my BLT to the front R/L in the Technic Harness and also used the switched + for the remote lead. One location for all of the inputs to the amp.

One downside of doing it this way seems to be a bit of a fit issue when putting the HU back in place - it's a lot of wires to squeeze in back there suddently. The other trick (at least for my car with BMW Assist) is that I'll have to move 2 optical wires from the stock harness to the technic harness in order to make the SOS system functional again.

If anyone has advice for how to remove the optical wires from the stock harness and get them secured in Technic's harness that'd be great, not something I've done before.
      11-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #26
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_setzer View Post
There is one near the cig lighter, but that's a pain to get to. I've used Technic's harness. This allowed me to extend the factory harness a little and splice into the Technic harness rather than cutting any factory wires.

I attached my BLT to the front R/L in the Technic Harness and also used the switched + for the remote lead. One location for all of the inputs to the amp.

One downside of doing it this way seems to be a bit of a fit issue when putting the HU back in place - it's a lot of wires to squeeze in back there suddently. The other trick (at least for my car with BMW Assist) is that I'll have to move 2 optical wires from the stock harness to the technic harness in order to make the SOS system functional again.

If anyone has advice for how to remove the optical wires from the stock harness and get them secured in Technic's harness that'd be great, not something I've done before.
The two optical cables are inserted into a plastic housing and then that housing is secured in the Quadralock slot by a tab. Pry that tab up carefully with a pick and the housing will just slide out.

Insert that housing in the same slot in the new Quadralock harness and it will lock in place with the same tab. Let me know if any issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #27
steve_setzer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The two optical cables are inserted into a plastic housing and then that housing is secured in the Quadralock slot by a tab. Pry that tab up carefully with a pick and the housing will just slide out.

Insert that housing in the same slot in the new Quadralock harness and it will lock in place with the same tab. Let me know if any issues.
Thanks Technic - that did the trick. Actually quite easy to move them from one to the other - I was worried that they were locked into place much more permanently.
      03-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #28
MTribe
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 135, 06 Elise, 71 TR6

I didn't see where the two clips for the climate control unit are--where are they and how do you access them?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #29
steve_setzer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTribe View Post
I didn't see where the two clips for the climate control unit are--where are they and how do you access them?
They're on either side (L/R, not top/bottom) behind the trim. The front plastic is actually a trim piece attached to the climate control to fill the gap around it. Mostly just takes pressing it to one side while pulling outwards on the other side to get it out. They're not serious clips.
      03-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #30
MTribe
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 135, 06 Elise, 71 TR6

OK, thanks. So when you bend the end of the HVAC unit trim up, are you pressing on a specific tab in there? Couldn't see anything. Again, just don't want to break it and couldn't easily make it come loose.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #31
lavesa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 750li

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_setzer View Post
Tonight I got one of the woofers installed into the underseat enclosures.
Were you able to replace the cover? I'm looking to mount the Morel MW265-4 8" speakers under the seat but the OEM cover would have to be replaced because the seat rail goes over the top of it in the '08 750li.

Thanks!

Andrew
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #32
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

The seat rail goes over the grill on all BMWs. The OEM grill can go back on with the 1-series. Draw NO comparisons to your 7, though. height from the top of the enclosure to the underside of the seat is different in the 3 than the 1, so it is probably different in the 7 than the 1. Can't you take the enclosure out and test fit the grille and look through there to see if it fits?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #33
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Subscribed

Thanks,
miiipilot
Appreciate 0