BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-19-2011, 01:48 AM   #23
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, 1M,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
Is the detailing you're having done first just to remove any swirl marks as I understand any wax applied to the car has to be stripped prior to fitting the shield.

No issues with hot or cold temps, guaranteed for six years.
In all honesty, i have no idea which way round they will be doing it. All i know is they are doing the detailing and applying the film. All should be revealed on the 28th.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 03:09 AM   #24
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
Great find, sure, colour pen is the easiest option. Would the colour eventually wear off do you think? The Kyalami orange is very pale so could be hard to match maybe?

Not a hard job having the stitching done to match, I have had other recoro's restitched and was a straight forward job and the cs covers come off quite easy.........worth looking into just to have that complete match which would really look spot on mate.....
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 04:44 AM   #25
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

Just curious how do you go about taking care of the car after the wrap?
Is detailing necessary? or waxing at all? Never had a wrap so I'm a bit clueless
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 05:42 AM   #26
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

wash and dry as normal, you can add wax without any issues, just make sure you clean out the excess where the wrap ends, as it can build up and stand out on a darker coloured car......
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #27
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
Hi Jezzer,

Funny as you beat me to post pics of my own car!!

I've had a number of our previous toys venture-shielded by the same installer and they carry out a faultless install. This is now the 5th car I've had carried out and met Jezzer when I was dropping one off and picking the 1M up.

Must admit, it was incredible to get back into the car. The drive back home was one of the best I've had. Conveniently, I'm ready for the running in service now so will get it booked in tomorrow.

For anyone on the fence about the Performance seats, I think the 1M was meant for the sportster-cs. The fact that BMW have an own-brand version just makes it perfect....

... but PRICEY...

Should have added, I don't have the time (and haven't had the wish) to track my cars. Was the same with my previous cars, including an immaculate e46 CSL (think Jezzer also had one a few years ago!). I just love the fact that the paint protection helps to protect the car from stone chips, tree sap, bird poop, etc. In all honestly it is overkill for my usage of the cars but I just feel better knowing they're fully protected...
Awesome ride, congrats! Aspiring those seats, I have to ask on their functionality. Particularly wrt backseat access: do the performance seats (sportster-cs) have the dual action response (first tilt forward, then slide forward) that the regular manual seats have.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #28
scaramanga
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Looking to buy a 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Awesome ride, congrats! Aspiring those seats, I have to ask on their functionality. Particularly wrt backseat access: do the performance seats (sportster-cs) have the dual action response (first tilt forward, then slide forward) that the regular manual seats have.
Thanks!! To answer your question, yup, they do indeed. They also provide the rear passengers with more leg room as the seat back is slimmer than the OEM seat...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #29
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
Yup, they do indeed. They also provide the rear passengers with more leg room as the seat back is slimmer than the OEM seat...
Excellent response timing, and even piling on the pro arguments. your ROCK, thx (my wallet will hate you for it )
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #30
scaramanga
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Looking to buy a 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Excellent response timing, and even piling on the pro arguments. your ROCK, thx (my wallet will hate you for it )
Aim to please!!

It's a tough call as they are pretty expensive, but I figured the 1M deserved some sportier seats than the stock 135i sports seats... My view is that they can always be taken out and sold separately if the car is ever sold!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #31
tjm129
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M(382/740)

Just had Venture Shield applied to my VO 1M here in Virginia. Anyone in SW Virginia that needs it done Jeff at vacleartech.com does amazing work, this is the second car he has done for me, and I am happy.

I had the from 1/3 of the hood, bumper, rocker panels, rear fender impact area, mirrors, trunk entry area, and he cut some custom pieces for behind the rear wheels on the bottom 1/4 of the bumper. I noticed on my 135 that this area and the rocker panels took a beating, so not making that mistake again. Can't say enough good things about Jeff, he is just as picky as me, and did an excellent job. Glad to finally have this done, I was so nervous driving it last week.

TJ
Appreciate 0