11-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #23
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
So update is my car is at port of exit waiting for a ship. Next ship is the Torrens that will dock and depart on November 7 and arrive at Port Hueneme on November 30th.

Next one is the Mignon that arrives November 19 and not in Port Hueneme until December 12.

Really hoping for the Torrens. Anyone else waiting for West Coast?
Waiting for West Coast as well. I think I'm going to be on Torrens since my CA told me I would have my car before X-mas... but I've been misinformed many times before.
Fingers Crossed!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 11:31 PM   #24
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep
Drives: SOLD: 2002 BMW M3, 2011 BMW 1M

Is it possible that there is a dealer allocation out there somewhere that is not sold yet??
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 12:22 AM   #25
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

How do you guys find out all this information?

All I know is that my car currently shows as step .02 (has left the plant and is ready to ship) and that I'm getting delivery at the dealership in the Bay Area. Can anyone tell from that which boat it could be on, and when that boat would arrive at the destination port for me (is it in Oxnard for all deliveries to CA?)?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 06:23 AM   #26
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer22 View Post
Is it possible that there is a dealer allocation out there somewhere that is not sold yet??
Didn't you just purchase one? and yes there probably are, but almost certainly going to have a large mark up on them.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #27
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm View Post
How do you guys find out all this information?

All I know is that my car currently shows as step .02 (has left the plant and is ready to ship) and that I'm getting delivery at the dealership in the Bay Area. Can anyone tell from that which boat it could be on, and when that boat would arrive at the destination port for me (is it in Oxnard for all deliveries to CA?)?
Between the website and the 800 number plus confirmation from your CA you can determine where the car is. For shipping you can look at shipping schedules between Bremerhaven and Port Hueneme and see what ships they could get on. Once they are on the ship you can verify the transport by tracking the VIN on the shipping manifest. Your CA should also be able to tell you the ship once its on it. All West coast shipments go through Port Hueneme. My experience is usually is 7 to 8 days from Port Hueneme to a dealer in Seattle. San Francicso I would think would be a day or two sooner.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #28
smug01
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M VO, '97 Land Cruiser

Quote:
So update is my car is at port of exit waiting for a ship. Next ship is the Torrens that will dock and depart on November 7 and arrive at Port Hueneme on November 30th.

Next one is the Mignon that arrives November 19 and not in Port Hueneme until December 12.

Really hoping for the Torrens. Anyone else waiting for West Coast?
My CA just confirmed that I am on the Torrens as well. Dropped of ED in Nice on Oct 17. Must have been a long truck ride from Nice...

He also confirmed Nov 30 arrival at VPC.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #29
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smug01 View Post
My CA just confirmed that I am on the Torrens as well. Dropped of ED in Nice on Oct 17. Must have been a long truck ride from Nice...

My Car is at Bremerhaven and the Torrens arrived early this morning and is moored being loaded, scheduled to depart today. Still no update on the WW tracking or 800 number but I am hoping it gets on the Torrens. We will see.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #30
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Just checked Torrens is now underway. Just left the dock and is going through ship channel.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #31
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Do you know your VIN? Per the tracking search looks like only one M got on the Torrens with a short Vin of 47627.

Im hoping still needs to update but thats whats listed as of now.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #32
smug01
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Do you know your VIN? Per the tracking search looks like only one M got on the Torrens with a short Vin of 47627.

Im hoping still needs to update but thats whats listed as of now.
Yep, that's me. Thanks for checking! Where do you check status?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #33
smug01
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Oh, and I forgot to say good luck. Hope it is just that the database isn't updated yet for you. My car was probably sitting at port for two weeks waiting for the ship so they had plenty of time to get it into the database.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #34
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh, and I forgot to say good luck. Hope it is just that the database isn't updated yet for you. My car was probably sitting at port for two weeks waiting for the ship so they had plenty of time to get it into the database.
Just tracking using the WW website http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp. You can track the ship on www.marinetraffic.com. I dont think I made it on the ship. Probably have to wait until the Mignon which docks on the 19th in Bremerhaven even though the car has been at the Port since the 29th. Possibly get on a NYK lines ship but it is harder to track on one of them.

Congrats
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #35
DrSpock
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan

Quote:
Just tracking using the WW website http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp. You can track the ship on www.marinetraffic.com. I dont think I made it on the ship. Probably have to wait until the Mignon which docks on the 19th in Bremerhaven even though the car has been at the Port since the 29th. Possibly get on a NYK lines ship but it is harder to track on one of them.

Congrats
I think several of us West Coasters have to wait for the Mignon at this point. The 800-number updated at one point early last week for me stating that the car was on a ship and to contact the CA for more information. Then it got reverted to "Your vehicle is at the port of exit awaiting a shipping vessel".

Sure would like to get the car before Christmas, that'd be great.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #36
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
I think several of us West Coasters have to wait for the Mignon at this point. The 800-number updated at one point early last week for me stating that the car was on a ship and to contact the CA for more information. Then it got reverted to "Your vehicle is at the port of exit awaiting a shipping vessel".

Sure would like to get the car before Christmas, that'd be great.
Yeah not sure. Not sure how things get prioritzed for what ship. If it is the Mignon then my car will have been at the port for 4 weeks. There are two NYK lines ships that had stops in Bremerhaven and going to Port Hueneme since my car got to the docks but NYK site does not have tracking. They are Cronus Leader and the Volans Leader. Maybe there will be other NYK ships in port before the the Mignon.
Mignon looks like it arrives at Port Hueneme on December 12 so hopefulyl we will get them before Christmas.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #37
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep

So the website updated today to En Route to the US and the 800 number now says in transit. No tracking information still on the WW website but my CA just confirmed its on the Torrens. Woohoo. Should be in Port Hueneme on November 30th. Might have it the first week of December.

Last edited by mswaz; 11-09-2011 at 01:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #38
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So the website updated today to En Route to the US and the 800 number now says in transit. No tracking information still on the WW website but my CA just confirmed its on the Torrens. Woohoo. Should be in Port Hueneme on November 30th. Might have it the first week of December.
WOOHOO! My status changed as well. I can't wait... This didn't help all the work I need to get done. Now my mind is somewhere else. Can't wait. Congrats!
Do you mind posting how to track the ship?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 12:41 AM   #39
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooBs View Post
WOOHOO! My status changed as well. I can't wait... This didn't help all the work I need to get done. Now my mind is somewhere else. Can't wait. Congrats!
Do you mind posting how to track the ship?
go to www.marinetraffic.com and enter Torrens in the vessel field. Its not updated for mine yet but you can also go to http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp wallenius willhelmsen website and track by entering the VIN in the cargo ID field.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #40
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep

Last known location. This wait is cruel
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #41
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Looks like the Torrens is now scheduled for 12/2 instead of 11/30 at Port Hueneme. This is just getting cruel..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #42
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep

haha errrrrrrrr I've been tracking the ship daily. Hasn't updated for 6 days now, but was in the middle of the Atlantic at on 11/16/11.
Damn I was really hoping I'd be able to pick up the car on the weekend of the 2nd.

Do you happen to know how long it takes from the time the ship docks til we receive our cars?
Attached Images

Last edited by DooBs; 11-30-2011 at 07:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #43
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooBs View Post
haha errrrrrrrr I've been tracking the ship daily. Hasn't updated for 6 days now, but was in the middle of the Atlantic at on 11/16/11.
Damn I was really hoping I'd be able to pick up the car on the weekend of the 2nd.

Do you happen to know how long it takes from the time the ship docks til we receive our cars?

I would think you'd be pretty quick being in LA San Diego area. Maybe a few days. I only have experience with one other car and it took six days from when the ship docked to the car arriving in Seattle. I think it all depends on the number of cars being pushed through VPC at the time. We might be at a disadvantage because another ship docks just a couple days earlier with BMW and mini's on board.

Torrens should be nearing the islands soon so the tracking should pick back up anytime.. I hope.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #44
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Update... The Torrens is in Manzanillo. Amazed it made it through the islands without being tracked.
Appreciate 0