BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
TEAM SLO
Slo'est E90 around
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i gone, 2011 335IX e90 6mt

Andrew @ AR Design (thumbs up)

So I am new to the Bimmer world, but not new to modifying cars, and definitely not new to shops around the country for both car parts and motorcycle parts.

Had many "tough" times but also some great times as well. There is no single shop that keeps everyone 100% feeling giddy inside. Can't make everyone happy and there will always be a mistake, it's about how the shop addresses with them.

I also represent a "significant" community of car enthusiasts and when I find a shop that does their work well and demonstrates something a step above, they get referals down the road.

Went and talked to Andrew since they are local a couple weeks back, just to get a feel for his personality and see what and how the shop works. After talking and picking his brain for an hour, I got a good feeling from the shop.

Went by there today and just popped in, ended up having him install their AR downpipe, install for him was a breeze and had a few laughs along the way. Andrew is definitely the type of fella I would goto a car meet/race/show with. That actually says a lot since I have a tight knit group of buddies already.

While there, he gave me some quick in's and out's about the N55, just to give me a heads up. This is a guy I will recommend my buddies to get work done with, this also says a lot about the shop. Almost all of you don't know me here, but I am about as picky and anal retentive as it gets. I am the guy when someone gets a part done; modified, welded, painted, installed, I check out the work and find the smallest details to scrutinize.

I have nothing negative to say about AR Design and especially Andrew. I noticed with a customer before me, he does get onto a personal one on one level with them, neither one of us felt like we were rushed out of the shop once install was completed and money had exchanged hands. Never got the typical fast talking car salesman speech about other parts just to make a quick extra couple of bucks.

Thanks Andrew and looking forward to next years car season!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo135 View Post
So I am new to the Bimmer world, but not new to modifying cars, and definitely not new to shops around the country for both car parts and motorcycle parts.

Had many "tough" times but also some great times as well. There is no single shop that keeps everyone 100% feeling giddy inside. Can't make everyone happy and there will always be a mistake, it's about how the shop addresses with them.

I also represent a "significant" community of car enthusiasts and when I find a shop that does their work well and demonstrates something a step above, they get referals down the road.

Went and talked to Andrew since they are local a couple weeks back, just to get a feel for his personality and see what and how the shop works. After talking and picking his brain for an hour, I got a good feeling from the shop.

Went by there today and just popped in, ended up having him install their AR downpipe, install for him was a breeze and had a few laughs along the way. Andrew is definitely the type of fella I would goto a car meet/race/show with. That actually says a lot since I have a tight knit group of buddies already.

While there, he gave me some quick in's and out's about the N55, just to give me a heads up. This is a guy I will recommend my buddies to get work done with, this also says a lot about the shop. Almost all of you don't know me here, but I am about as picky and anal retentive as it gets. I am the guy when someone gets a part done; modified, welded, painted, installed, I check out the work and find the smallest details to scrutinize.

I have nothing negative to say about AR Design and especially Andrew. I noticed with a customer before me, he does get onto a personal one on one level with them, neither one of us felt like we were rushed out of the shop once install was completed and money had exchanged hands. Never got the typical fast talking car salesman speech about other parts just to make a quick extra couple of bucks.

Thanks Andrew and looking forward to next years car season!!!!!
Thanks for the kind words! Was a pleasure meeting you. Hope you love the new downpipe!

Looking forward to an awesome 2012 season!!!!