BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-26-2020, 05:54 PM   #1
1ermuk
Registered
1
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation Bimmerlink battery registration problems

Hi all

I just changed my battery in my e82 coupe.

It was a like for like battery.

Upon registering it, the app suggested it had successfully registered it. However, I am having doubts.

Problem 1
In the photo, under "kilometres since last change" showed the same mileage as on my old battery.

Problem 2
Under the "battery state of charge". The old battery showed 44%.
The new battery has no figure/reading. The new battery clearly states that the warranty is void if it is depleted less than 50%. Surely it should read at least this, especially as it is new?!

Could anyone share their thoughts or advice. Or is the app an expensive mistake/con.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 08:19 PM   #2
Raularango
Private
Raularango's Avatar
19
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: bmw 135i
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: california

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ermuk View Post
Hi all

I just changed my battery in my e82 coupe.

It was a like for like battery.

Upon registering it, the app suggested it had successfully registered it. However, I am having doubts.

Problem 1
In the photo, under "kilometres since last change" showed the same mileage as on my old battery.

Problem 2
Under the "battery state of charge". The old battery showed 44%.
The new battery has no figure/reading. The new battery clearly states that the warranty is void if it is depleted less than 50%. Surely it should read at least this, especially as it is new?!

Could anyone share their thoughts or advice. Or is the app an expensive mistake/con.
Did you register the battery with a scan tool
__________________
Raularango
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 07:21 PM   #3
JBT2
Private First Class
JBT2's Avatar
Australia
36
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

1ermuk, was this ever resolved?

I'm thinking of downloading Bimmerlink but, I'm starting to get the impression it's pretty useless. Don't want to pay for some dead end app.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 02:42 AM   #4
Raularango
Private
Raularango's Avatar
19
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: bmw 135i
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: california

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT2 View Post
1ermuk, was this ever resolved?

I'm thinking of downloading Bimmerlink but, I'm starting to get the impression it's pretty useless. Don't want to pay for some dead end app.
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to register the battery with a scan tool like maxicom I need to register my new battery but I don't have a scan tool yet
__________________
Raularango
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 10:54 AM   #5
BMWGuy4852
Banned
BMWGuy4852's Avatar
15
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

If you are replacing the battery with exactly the same battery, all you really need to do is indicate the battery is "new". Supposedly the ECU or whatever it's called will reduce the charging rate consistent for a new battery.

Actually, I really believe this whole rigamarole is total nonsense. A battery is cheap. You can afford to put it in and do nothing and see what happens!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 09:31 AM   #6
nazali
Major
nazali's Avatar
Canada
1333
Rep
1,146
Posts

Drives: 230 2020 vert F23
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Total Wack Job

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuy4852 View Post
Actually, I really believe this whole rigamarole is total nonsense. A battery is cheap. You can afford to put it in and do nothing and see what happens!
I wouldn't do that, I know people who have and have had no problems and others whoes had problems, find an indy pay him 40 bucks or something for 5 mins work, do it right,

or get INPA for free, buy a $40 cable and do it yourself properly
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #7
JimD
Brigadier General
JimD's Avatar
369
Rep
3,547
Posts

Drives: 128i convertible
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lexington, SC

iTrader: (0)

I did mine with INPA but getting it to work on my laptop was not easy. I still have not gotten NCS Expert to work on this laptop. They were written for much older PCs and for me it is not as simple as using emulator mode.

I got a simple tool to figure out my ABS light issue that also registers batteries, an Autofix 7810 :https://www.amazon.com/Scanner-AUTOP...a-804483650800. About $100 after you apply the coupon. It reads BMW specific codes including chassis and engine codes but also lets you register a battery. I did not do mine in it but I checked to be sure what I did in INPA worked.
__________________
128i Convertible, MT, Alpine White, Black Top, Taupe Leatherette, Walnut, Sport
Ordered 5/22/09, Completed 6/4/09, At Port 6/9/09, On the Georgia Highway 6/13/09, Ship Arrived Charleston 6/24/09 at 10pm, PCD 7/21/09
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 08:25 AM   #8
nazali
Major
nazali's Avatar
Canada
1333
Rep
1,146
Posts

Drives: 230 2020 vert F23
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Total Wack Job

iTrader: (0)

did mine recently,
ISTA+ no issues
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 09:57 PM   #9
Tommm
Driven Crazy
Tommm's Avatar
United_States
190
Rep
505
Posts

Drives: his wife nuts 128i 6m
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: The Mile High

iTrader: (1)

I have the foxwell tool and went from lead acid to AGM. I dont know if it worked. I didnt say complete, but showed a new battery at that mileage. did it a few times and it looks like i changed my battery 3 or four times in 25 miles.
__________________
'08 128i 6M
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
battery, battery agm, bimmerlink, registering, registration

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST