E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Homelink question

12-13-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe

Homelink question

Hi all,

Installed a Homelink to my LCI, auto dim, E92.

Only when installing I realized I need a retro harness to get the adaptive headlights to work.

I can't get any remotes (tried 3 to learn) watched plenty of you tube vids, tips tricks and will give it more time. Before I do.

Question?
Does the wiring have any part in the Homelink do you think? I would assume all the smarts are in the mirror. The lights work, I can clear its memory by holding the two outer buttons. But thought I'd ask before I spend another hour trying to get them to learn.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
NoSlow5oh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 335i

I had specific Craftsman garage door openers installed in my new house built last year for belt drive, battery back up, app with cool functions, etc. The newer opener uses a newer version of the HomeLink that won't work with most cars made around 2010 or earlier. You may need a compatibility bridge, and you may be able to get it for free. It won't work for me since the bridge needs power and my openers would be useless when the power goes out (which happens a lot in my area for some reason). From the site:

The HomeLink Compatibility Bridge Kit is designed to allow compatibility between a newer Chamberlain, Sears Craftsman, or LiftMaster garage door opener fitted with a yellow antenna wire and the HomeLink system in your vehicle. These garage door openers were manufactured in 2011 or later. If your opener does not have a yellow antenna wire or is not one of the brands listed above, please consider purchasing a Universal Receiver to ensure compatibility.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 11:12 AM   #3
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSlow5oh View Post
I had specific Craftsman garage door openers installed in my new house built last year for belt drive, battery back up, app with cool functions, etc. The newer opener uses a newer version of the HomeLink that won't work with most cars made around 2010 or earlier. You may need a compatibility bridge, and you may be able to get it for free. It won't work for me since the bridge needs power and my openers would be useless when the power goes out (which happens a lot in my area for some reason). From the site:

The HomeLink Compatibility Bridge Kit is designed to allow compatibility between a newer Chamberlain, Sears Craftsman, or LiftMaster garage door opener fitted with a yellow antenna wire and the HomeLink system in your vehicle. These garage door openers were manufactured in 2011 or later. If your opener does not have a yellow antenna wire or is not one of the brands listed above, please consider purchasing a Universal Receiver to ensure compatibility.
You need a newer car if you want new toys in the home j/k
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 11:36 AM   #4
GarlicBread
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M4 ZCP

When I did mine I had the car inside the garage and the garage in "learning mode" took numerous tries to get it to work. Just keep at it
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 11:47 AM   #5
NoSlow5oh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
You need a newer car if you want new toys in the home j/k
Nope, I need a new job!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 12:11 PM   #6
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

nada to do with your lights....this right here ^^^

I had to do the same thing with my preLci to get my Homelink to work with my newer LiftMaster openers.

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 01:42 PM   #7
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Nope, I need a new job!
Hopefully soon, someday soon... with a huge raise
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 08:51 PM   #8
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

Hmm... so I have two gates at my apartment (swing gate and a boom), also a garage at my parents house. So I guess this just isn't going to work by the sounds.

Anyone after a homelink mirror?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 07:42 AM   #9
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

what connection of homelink remote with adaptive headlights ???
      01-11-2016, 06:24 AM   #10
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

So change of plan, I found out my gates (several) aren't homelink complient.

So I'm going to wire up my SOS button to broadcast three signals at once, basically wire up 3 actual remotes to fire when I hit the button. I love that little button with the missile safety switch, can't wait to put it to use.

I'll make a youtube vid.
Appreciate 0