E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Advice for Denver Relocation?

03-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 space gray/coral red

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
Advice for Denver Relocation?

Hello,

I have lived in the midwest my entire life and have lived in Chicago (the actual city) for the last 6 years. I have an opportunity with my job to relocate and Denver is at the top of my list.

Little background - I am a runner and a tennis player. I love the outdoors, I enjoy backcountry camping/hiking in the summers and skiing in the winters. I like living in a metropolitan area that has a neighborhood feel - i.e. bars/restaurants, unique shops within walking distance. I like unique dining experiences and checking out the local music scene.

Can you guys give me any advice as to where I should look to live? I was thinking of maybe LoDo, Ballpark Area, and Berkeley among others just based on web research - suburbs are not an option.

The cost of living is lower in Colorado, and the people are so friendly and into the outdoors as well as a healthy/active lifestyle. One of the few downsides is there is no natural bodies of water, I love having Lake Michigan close by.

What do you guys like about Denver?

What don't you like about Denver?

Any advice would be much appreciated - thanks in advance!

GIAC S2 | Brembo GT BBK 355/345 | BBS CH-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | AR Design: DP, S1 Oil Cooler, OCC | AMS FMIC | Bastuck Quad Exhaust | Borla MP | KW V1 | Stett: CAI, CP | Forge DV | P3 Boost Gauge | Arkym: Front Lip, Rear Quad Diffuser | Vorsteiner CSL Trunk | LUX H8 | ModMyNav | MFD M3 Sideskirts | BMW M-Tech Front/Rear Bumpers, Edition Grills
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

I personnaly love Denver. I have lived in Virgina, San Diego, Phoenix, and Chicago and I think that next to San Diego this is my favorite place. Statisticaly Denver gets more sun then San Diego. Its really nice here, theres always allot of stuff to do as long as you dont mind some snow once and a while.
      03-11-2008, 12:10 AM   #3
raceyBMW
king of the hills
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 w/ESS55, 2001 540i/6

Garage List
2001 BMW 540i/6  [8.17]
1994 530i  [9.00]
2007 335i Coupe  [8.37]
Coming from Chicago, I'm sure he can deal with a little snow, lol.

If you like the outdoors, you will definitely love being in Denver. IMO, downtown is becoming a much better place to be as well. Not completely walkable yet as there are no real grocery stores or department stores downtown, but its getting there.

Honestly the only thing I don't like about Denver is the traffic going up to the mountains on the weekend to go skiing. Other than that, I couldn't really see myself anywhere else.
Appreciate 0