BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
BoostFrenzy
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2008

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to BoostFrenzy Send a message via MSN to BoostFrenzy Send a message via Yahoo to BoostFrenzy
Thumbs down BMW of Ann Arbor (Michigan)

Spoke to a salesman on the phone by the name of Joseph, explained I would be looking to put a deposit down on a 135i in montego blue 6spd with just sport package and heated seats and that I clearly WOULD NOT pay over invoice.

He first said that was pretty bold, however, if I closed the deal *THAT DAY* and faxed the order, put my deposit on a card etc he'd do it.

This was at about 1pm and I explained a more local dealer had me set up for a test drive @ 5pm however they wouldn't come down off sticker, he told me to drive the car and see if I wanted it, if so he's there until 8pm and we can make the deal happen at invoice as long as it happens on *THIS DAY*, I call him back around 6:30pm tell him i'm ready to move forward, liked the car etc and then i'm told he can only do 800 under sticker after he promised invoice just a few hours ago!

He was baiting me, hoping i'd drive it and all of a sudden become retarded & dumb, avoid these schmucks.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Numb3rs
Banned
12
Rep
610
Posts

Drives: Looking
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Terra Ferma

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostFrenzy View Post
Spoke to a salesman on the phone by the name of Joseph, explained I would be looking to put a deposit down on a 135i in montego blue 6spd with just sport package and heated seats and that I clearly WOULD NOT pay over invoice.

He first said that was pretty bold, however, if I closed the deal *THAT DAY* and faxed the order, put my deposit on a card etc he'd do it.

This was at about 1pm and I explained a more local dealer had me set up for a test drive @ 5pm however they wouldn't come down off sticker, he told me to drive the car and see if I wanted it, if so he's there until 8pm and we can make the deal happen at invoice as long as it happens on *THIS DAY*, I call him back around 6:30pm tell him i'm ready to move forward, liked the car etc and then i'm told he can only do 800 under sticker after he promised invoice just a few hours ago!

He was baiting me, hoping i'd drive it and all of a sudden become retarded & dumb, avoid these schmucks.

Just go to Erhard BMW, they have 2 locations and are top notch. The dealership in Farmington Hills is beautiful and they honor their phone deals.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
dbtheo
1addicts CA
dbtheo's Avatar
59
Rep
1,242
Posts

Drives: F30 335xi
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostFrenzy View Post
Spoke to a salesman on the phone by the name of Joseph, explained I would be looking to put a deposit down on a 135i in montego blue 6spd with just sport package and heated seats and that I clearly WOULD NOT pay over invoice.

He first said that was pretty bold, however, if I closed the deal *THAT DAY* and faxed the order, put my deposit on a card etc he'd do it.

This was at about 1pm and I explained a more local dealer had me set up for a test drive @ 5pm however they wouldn't come down off sticker, he told me to drive the car and see if I wanted it, if so he's there until 8pm and we can make the deal happen at invoice as long as it happens on *THIS DAY*, I call him back around 6:30pm tell him i'm ready to move forward, liked the car etc and then i'm told he can only do 800 under sticker after he promised invoice just a few hours ago!

He was baiting me, hoping i'd drive it and all of a sudden become retarded & dumb, avoid these schmucks.
Did you really think you would be able to buy a 1 series at cost?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
john970
1er
52
Rep
1,205
Posts

Drives: 08 135
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Invoice? Why would they do that on the 1er? I can see $1000 or even $500 over, but thats a pretty solid deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
BoostFrenzy
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2008

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to BoostFrenzy Send a message via MSN to BoostFrenzy Send a message via Yahoo to BoostFrenzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
Did you really think you would be able to buy a 1 series at cost?
Yes I do, the persistant with cash money always win, several on the forum have done the same... but my quarrel isn't with wether or not I can, it's that he said I *could* and re-nigged.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #6
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
0002s's Avatar
32
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: Not a BMW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bunker

iTrader: (0)

How many BMW dealers in MI are left for you to try to get this deal?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
BoostFrenzy
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2008

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to BoostFrenzy Send a message via MSN to BoostFrenzy Send a message via Yahoo to BoostFrenzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
How many BMW dealers in MI are left for you to try to get this deal?
quite a few but i'll prolly just buy a 08 vette for 3k off invoice (GMS pricing)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #8
UR2SLOW1
First Lieutenant
18
Rep
361
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

iTrader: (0)

Cash Money is NOT a plus to the dealers. I wish it was because I always pay cash but the sad truth is that they want you to finance especially with them because then they can make a few bucks "padding" the interest rate or shopping the business to banks that give them a kick back.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
Face
Private
10
Rep
98
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UR2SLOW1 View Post
Cash Money is NOT a plus to the dealers. I wish it was because I always pay cash but the sad truth is that they want you to finance especially with them because then they can make a few bucks "padding" the interest rate or shopping the business to banks that give them a kick back.
Exactly. But use this tidbit as a gambit when negotiating. I'll tell them I want to pay cash, but I'll offer to finance it for more off the price. Pay it off after a payment or two.

Just make sure there is no prepayment penalty.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #10
dbtheo
1addicts CA
dbtheo's Avatar
59
Rep
1,242
Posts

Drives: F30 335xi
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UR2SLOW1 View Post
Cash Money is NOT a plus to the dealers. I wish it was because I always pay cash but the sad truth is that they want you to finance especially with them because then they can make a few bucks "padding" the interest rate or shopping the business to banks that give them a kick back.
amen to that. Dealers couldn't care less that you want to pay cash.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 09:03 AM   #11
dbtheo
1addicts CA
dbtheo's Avatar
59
Rep
1,242
Posts

Drives: F30 335xi
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostFrenzy View Post
my quarrel isn't with wether or not I can, it's that he said I *could* and re-nigged.

ok, fair enough
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #12
young1er
1st Class
young1er's Avatar
8
Rep
199
Posts

Drives: '08 128i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Leiper's Fork, TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
Did you really think you would be able to buy a 1 series at cost?

Invoice≠Cost there is plenty more money that the dealer hides
__________________
2008 128i Montego/Terra 6MT, Sport, Xenon, CA
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 09:48 AM   #13
dbtheo
1addicts CA
dbtheo's Avatar
59
Rep
1,242
Posts

Drives: F30 335xi
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by young1er View Post
Invoice≠Cost there is plenty more money that the dealer hides
show me where, I could use it
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #14
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
0002s's Avatar
32
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: Not a BMW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bunker

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostFrenzy View Post
quite a few but i'll prolly just buy a 08 vette for 3k off invoice (GMS pricing)
That would be the easiest to do. I hope this isn't going to be a daily drive in the winter.....:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #15
BoostFrenzy
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2008

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to BoostFrenzy Send a message via MSN to BoostFrenzy Send a message via Yahoo to BoostFrenzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
That would be the easiest to do. I hope this isn't going to be a daily drive in the winter.....:biggrin:
I wouldn't subject a brand new 135i to the winter elements either
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 01:35 PM   #16
BoostFrenzy
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2008

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to BoostFrenzy Send a message via MSN to BoostFrenzy Send a message via Yahoo to BoostFrenzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by young1er View Post
Invoice≠Cost there is plenty more money that the dealer hides
That's what i've been saying all along, IMHO *anyone* that pays over invoice for a car is very foolish to just how things REALLY work down at your "friendly" dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #17
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
0002s's Avatar
32
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: Not a BMW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bunker

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostFrenzy View Post
I wouldn't subject a brand new 135i to the winter elements either

I will for you....:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #18
Spook
Bring Bail Money
9
Rep
492
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Jan 2008

iTrader: (0)

I think you 'pay invoice' folks are in fantasy land. Even in Michigan where the economy has been tanked for several years. The car is going for MSRP everywhere else and you might get a few hundred off of that but the dealers have no incentive to cave and make you 'special'. Maybe next year you can get invoice plus $500, but certainly not any time soon. BTW.. BMW doesn't get holdback like US dealers do and we all have access to wholesale pricing on this site.

-Spook
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #19
soohoolm
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 128i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Arrogant

Hello I finally ready to order my 2010 128i convertible. My first contact dealer
was BMW Ann Arbor , I also contact several other dealers for a quote. Here's the problem, Ann Arbor dealer will not give me a quote until I bring in writing the quotes from the other dealers! Has anyone ever experienced this? His direct quote is "cheaper doesn't always mean better. What we are offering here is a certain level of service! Has anyone else run into trouble getting quotes? P.S I was offered 1500.00 off of my build from another dealership. What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 08:36 AM   #20
dcho
Captain
23
Rep
947
Posts

Drives: SGM 135i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

when I was shopping around, I checked out the 335i. I forget the name of the CA but even though we couldn't make it happen, he let me have fun with the car on a test drive. Hit 120
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #21
mattssi
Lieutenant
73
Rep
529
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bend, OR

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb3rs View Post
Just go to Erhard BMW, they have 2 locations and are top notch. The dealership in Farmington Hills is beautiful and they honor their phone deals.
I've had a bad experience with these guys too - it just depends on the sales guy. Erhard BMW was the reason I got my IS300 back in the day.
__________________
2019 X3
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST