E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 Sport?

04-19-2005, 10:27 AM   #1
benji90
Registered
Rep
Drives:

E90 Sport?

Does anyone know when the Sport models for the E90 are due to be realeased and are there any known spy shots of them? I am really tempted to get a 320d but am worried that in the past the sport version of the 3 series and other cars have been much cooler than the standard so I dont want to end up with a standard E90 only for the sport to come out and look twice as cool!!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #2
lotuselise
Private
Rep
Drives: f30 328i

I dont think any related info will be announce officially before 2006. this is bm or german car markers strategy.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji90
Does anyone know when the Sport models for the E90 are due to be realeased and are there any known spy shots of them? I am really tempted to get a 320d but am worried that in the past the sport version of the 3 series and other cars have been much cooler than the standard so I dont want to end up with a standard E90 only for the sport to come out and look twice as cool!!
I wouldnt hold back on a purchase for a sport model. Usually the sport models use the same underpinnings as a regular car with sports package, and just add on some nice sport bumpers. You can easily add on the bumpers at a bodyshop after a few years. Unless of course you dont need a car now, then it might be economical to wait for the official sport model to be released, but you can have basicly the same car now, and just add the sport bumpers later.
      04-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
Petey
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji90
benji, these are what the sport model aero kit will look like. Can't tell much from them but only spyshots I seen so far of it.

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #5
BMWAustin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

I will be so pissed off at BWM if they release the sprots model any time soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2005, 05:50 PM   #6
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I like how this guy backed into a snow bank to cover the lines of the aero kit. I guess he didn't have his Park Distance Control activated. Oh well, the aero kit is usually an accessory right from BMW so I'm pretty sure they'll have info on it in a few months from now.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2005, 05:36 AM   #7
Rapscallion
Rep
Drives:

Benji, the sport model will be available in September. I'm in Ireland and have ordered a 325i Sport for September delivery. They cannot give me a definite date as yet.

I agree that the Sport model of any BMW usually looks a whole lot better than the standard model - look at the 5 Sport for example.

Also the Sport model will have more than just different bumpers/skirts. My dealer has been told to expect the standard Sport spec to follow the 5 Sport, i.e. as well as the M body kit, 18" M sport wheels, sports seats in half leather trim, M steering wheel, cube aluminium trim etc.

If I were you, I'd hold out for the Sport model - as soon as you see one, the chances are you'll want one.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 01:34 PM   #8
gsko
Rep
Drives: Ordering '06 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion
Benji, the sport model will be available in September. I'm in Ireland and have ordered a 325i Sport for September delivery. They cannot give me a definite date as yet.

I agree that the Sport model of any BMW usually looks a whole lot better than the standard model - look at the 5 Sport for example.

Also the Sport model will have more than just different bumpers/skirts. My dealer has been told to expect the standard Sport spec to follow the 5 Sport, i.e. as well as the M body kit, 18" M sport wheels, sports seats in half leather trim, M steering wheel, cube aluminium trim etc.

If I were you, I'd hold out for the Sport model - as soon as you see one, the chances are you'll want one.
Thanks for info! I am looking at a September ED delivery timeframe. When do you think we will get more info like what it definitely will include and the price. I am very interested in this.

Edit: Rapscallion - You mention ordering a 325i Sport. I thought it is only available on the 330i. Is it a new thing for this model or is the a difference between Euro and NA?

Last edited by gsko; 04-25-2005 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2005, 04:27 AM   #9
Rapscallion
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsko
Thanks for info! I am looking at a September ED delivery timeframe. When do you think we will get more info like what it definitely will include and the price. I am very interested in this.

Edit: Rapscallion - You mention ordering a 325i Sport. I thought it is only available on the 330i. Is it a new thing for this model or is the a difference between Euro and NA?
gsko,

I don't know when I will have the details on the sport model - as soon as I have anything further, I'll let you know. My dealer was allowed to book a production slot for me pending confirmation of the sport spec. In terms of whether there will be a 325i sport, as I understand it, once the sport models are launched, it will be available across the E90 range. The choice will be i) basic spec model, ii) SE spec model, or iii) Sport model, regardless of engine size
Appreciate 0