BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #23
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
9002
Rep
22,871
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
If you are in Germany, I heard there are better permanent tune options. That may be a myth, but I've seen posts about it. Search it

Not a myth. The German tuners CAN get 130i HP levels (280 PS) out of a 128i/125i. But it will cost you... 800 euros.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #24
SaY
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: '08 128i convertible
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

I just ordered a powerbox. Will the throttle responce be comarable to SprintBooster?
I had a sprintbooster on my Cooper S - it worked really great.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #25
DriveHard
Colonel
DriveHard's Avatar
Colombia
98
Rep
2,001
Posts

Drives: X1 and R58 JCW
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaY View Post
I just ordered a powerbox. Will the throttle responce be comarable to SprintBooster?
I had a sprintbooster on my Cooper S - it worked really great.
YES. and adjustable..

there are 4 level's

0, 30,60, 100% throttlr re-map

along with the same 4 choices of Performance re-map

or throttle alone, or performance alone, or all off.
__________________
X1, R58 JCW, M2 in my future if planets align
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 05:52 AM   #26
Riley1524
Captain
Riley1524's Avatar
42
Rep
621
Posts

Drives: A Slow Ass BMW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

iTrader: (4)

This mod is great if you drive an auto. My friend just installed his on his new 128i and he drives an auto and it does make a pretty big difference in throttle response. I just wish I would have known he was going to buy a new one since I just put mine up for sale
__________________
2015 428i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #27
nato-main-man-5am
special
nato-main-man-5am's Avatar
25
Rep
853
Posts

Drives: 128i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1524 View Post
This mod is great if you drive an auto. My friend just installed his on his new 128i and he drives an auto and it does make a pretty big difference in throttle response. I just wish I would have known he was going to buy a new one since I just put mine up for sale
What's the impact on the 128's auto transmission?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #28
nato-main-man-5am
special
nato-main-man-5am's Avatar
25
Rep
853
Posts

Drives: 128i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Not a myth. The German tuners CAN get 130i HP levels (280 PS) out of a 128i/125i. But it will cost you... 800 euros.
Inquiring minds are curios about this mod. Any info online? Have these creative Germans sold the knowledge to anyone stateside?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 05:07 AM   #29
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
52
Rep
853
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Left

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
What's the impact on the 128's auto transmission?
GA6L45R is rated to 400nm/295ft.lbs so there is no way a powerbox would cause any issues transmission wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
Inquiring minds are curios about this mod. Any info online? Have these creative Germans sold the knowledge to anyone stateside?
The valve lift is electronically limited via valvetronics in the 125i and 128i and also the engine peaks at 6100rpm. The euro tunes code the ecu to rev to 7000rpm and removes the valve lift restriction.

Some people believe that it is the DISA 3 stage intake manifold that gives the power, but that only helps to keep torque consistent over the rpm range, rather than increase peak hp.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #30
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
9002
Rep
22,871
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
Inquiring minds are curios about this mod. Any info online? Have these creative Germans sold the knowledge to anyone stateside?
There are a few companies that do this for the 125i(also known as a 128i model in the states). I had my 135i tuned by Marcel at MS Tuning... he also offers this tuning for the 125i. I posted a dyno chart towards the end of my SW tune thread... Here is the link...

Got my car tuned in Germany…

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528152



There have been a few guys here (1addicts) who have gone(sen their DME's) to DigiTech (Germany) for a simular tune for their 125i/128i's. Try searching for those threads.


Dackel
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #31
nato-main-man-5am
special
nato-main-man-5am's Avatar
25
Rep
853
Posts

Drives: 128i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California

iTrader: (10)

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #32
Racewar128I
Private
Racewar128I's Avatar
Germany
7
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2012 128I BMW
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ansbach Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 128I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Not a myth. The German tuners CAN get 130i HP levels (280 PS) out of a 128i/125i. But it will cost you... 800 euros.
would this work on a us spec for exmaple my 2012 128i and if yes were could i get this done at
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #33
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
9002
Rep
22,871
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racewar128I View Post
would this work on a us spec for exmaple my 2012 128i and if yes were could i get this done at

Yes and Yes! There are a few tuners in Germany that can do that. MS Tuning (Marcel) is located in Stuttgart. All his contact info is in my thread I posted above.

DigiTech is located at Nurburgring. I think they would be more money. For instance when I was shopping around for a flash tune... they wanted 1,540 euros for their tune. But then they said they could do it for 900 euros w/o tax and no paperwork. lol Still alot of money. Marcel was less, and I felt more comfortable with him doing my tune - since he had answered all of my questions.

I think SKN Tuning.de or TechTec.de can also do this(I think). They are up near Fulda/Kassel.


Here is the thread of the 1addicts member who did this to his 125i (128i)...

Review of Digi-tec 125i tune

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=digitech+130i
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 06:24 AM   #34
Racewar128I
Private
Racewar128I's Avatar
Germany
7
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2012 128I BMW
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ansbach Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 128I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Yes and Yes! There are a few tuners in Germany that can do that. MS Tuning (Marcel) is located in Stuttgart. All his contact info is in my thread I posted above.

DigiTech is located at Nurburgring. I think they would be more money. For instance when I was shopping around for a flash tune... they wanted 1,540 euros for their tune. But then they said they could do it for 900 euros w/o tax and no paperwork. lol Still alot of money. Marcel was less, and I felt more comfortable with him doing my tune - since he had answered all of my questions.

I think SKN Tuning.de or TechTec.de can also do this(I think). They are up near Fulda/Kassel.


Here is the thread of the 1addicts member who did this to his 125i (128i)...

Review of Digi-tec 125i tune

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=digitech+130i
Thanks sometime this winter i might take a run up there if i can get the cash together
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST