E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Left headlight not foliwing road and restraint malfunction

10-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #1
Gravy
Look away, look away, look awa....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i sedan m/t bone stock

Left headlight not foliwing road and restraint malfunction

On my phone so i cant search*

I recently hit a deer causing 13k worth of damage and after the looongg 1 1/2 month wait, i finally got my baby back.

First question,
Does anyone know how to reset the headlight motor so that it will track with the other head light, along with adjusting it to the correct height(my dims are at my \"feet\"
The left one was replaced and the original still tracks like normal. It just points really low when on dim.

Second \" \"
On my way to work this morning(within the first 50 miles of gettin her back) a warning for the passenger restraint system began flashing on the dash. Anyone with experience on this?

I know i should take all this up with the shop that performed the repairs and/or bmw but one can always hope to find a simple solution.

ROLL TIDE!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

You'll have to take it to a shop with a GT1 or Autologic or a dealer to check codes. There are modules peppered throughout the car that control nearby devices. I think there's a shop in AL called Doc's Bimmer Shop. Doc is a BMW diagnostic genius.
      10-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
Dr_Dirt
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6AT

Can the Bavarian Technic reset this?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep

Might be a coding issue which the BT tool doesn't do. But the BT should be able to see codes in the FRM and other modules.
      11-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
Gravy
United_States
Rep

Took it in... They cleared the restraint code and proceeded to tell me that there was no such coding required on the headlights what-so-ever. Even though i disagreed, i took the tech for his word and he couldnt find any codes so you know what that means...

Yesterday, Pass res light back on the dash, key fob barely works(could be a battery issue) I drive is extremely glitchy, and the headlight is still lookin like a yellow lazy eye next to the other xenon(or whatever it is).

I found the tis for the headlight coding online and i will probably give the tech a copy when i take it back up there. Maybe i wont need to hold his hand.

Another note,
I thought it may be my imagination when i thought the new headlight was yellow compared to my surviving one, others see it too so im not crazy. so could this be the wrong headlight altogether? I bought it used so i don't really know if the survivor even has the original bulbs.

Anyone else have experience with Townsend BMW?

ROLL TIDE!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep

If the shop didn't notice you bought a halogen light instead of a xenon, you need to find a more competent shop.
      11-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
Gravy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical View Post
Xenon bulbs change colors as they burn. The problem is you need to buy bulbs in pairs so they change over time together.
You have two different bulbs at different life points.
That makes sense. Thanks for clearin it up

ROLL TIDE!
Appreciate 0