E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Getting maint package at a cheaper price

12-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
slingxshot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 528i xDrive

Getting maint package at a cheaper price

Hello,

The NJ dealer is selling the maint package for 100k service for around 2K dollars (3 series). Is it possible to get at a different price?

All the dealers are telling me that they can't give me lower price because that's what bmw sells for.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
mike3000fl
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

yea put 1500 in an account and leave it for the maintenance.

you arent getting much with their plan.

even buying the car new you wouldn't get more than the plan costs.

it only covers scheduled maintenance, its not a warranty. so you get a couple sets of brake pads and rotors, a handful of oil changes, one set of spark plugs, and a few microfilters.

cheaper out of pocket.

the dealer wouldn't sell it if they were losing money on it, its all scheduled maint so they know ahead what the cost is because there is a timetable of when things get replaced, versus an extended warranty where probability comes into play in determining the odds of enough people needing major repairs. even then they make money off warranties with enough buyers because its a numbers game.
Appreciate 0