E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Silly putty to seal bulb casing?

01-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Bendercle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi 6MT

Silly putty to seal bulb casing?

I get condensation in my headlight housing because some previous owner or incompetent service person broke off one of the clips that holds the bulb cover on. Instead they put in a screw right through the plastic, but it still doesn't hold it that well. Anyone know of some kind of putty or clay that will hold up to the possible heat/dryness/whatever that I can use to seal it?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
ChasVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendercle View Post
I get condensation in my headlight housing because some previous owner or incompetent service person broke off one of the clips that holds the bulb cover on. Instead they put in a screw right through the plastic, but it still doesn't hold it that well. Anyone know of some kind of putty or clay that will hold up to the possible heat/dryness/whatever that I can use to seal it?
I'd try plumbers putty, or a silicone sealer.
      01-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
stxf30
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 335i MSport

Garage List
I agree. I'd just use some clear silicone caulk. It's easy to remove later when u need to change the bulb. Good luck!