E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > DEPO - LED Taillight Impedance Boxes?

02-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
e90-ZeRo
Prone to sudden bursts of acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3-Series

Question DEPO - LED Taillight Impedance Boxes?

Where the heck do I plug in the Impedance Boxes with these Depo lights? Combined with the 'anti-fail kit', i've got all sorts of freakin' wires everywhere and its kinda confusing where everything is supposed to go.

I'm so massively confused by the instructions provided.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyPe-ZeRo
Where the heck do I plug in the Impedance Boxes with these Depo lights? Combined with the 'anti-fail kit', i've got all sorts of freakin' wires everywhere and its kinda confusing where everything is supposed to go.

I'm so massively confused by the instructions provided.
Honestly, I would just code out the errors. Those DEPO LED tail lights throw a bunch of errors, and you can do without the resistor boxes and anti fail units if you just get it coded. So much easier. And you can eliminate the random flashing on starting and while you drive. Check the local forums to find someone who can do it for you for a few bucks, or you can pay a little more and have someone remotely code the car for you (Patrik at BimmerTech will do this)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
e90-ZeRo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
Honestly, I would just code out the errors. Those DEPO LED tail lights throw a bunch of errors, and you can do without the resistor boxes and anti fail units if you just get it coded. So much easier. And you can eliminate the random flashing on starting and while you drive. Check the local forums to find someone who can do it for you for a few bucks, or you can pay a little more and have someone remotely code the car for you (Patrik at BimmerTech will do this)
I actually just got into coding yesterday, and I coded in the Digital Speedometer and I deleted the SideMarkers (in the headlamps when they're on, so its just the angel eyes, and light beam coming out of them, very sexy).

If I could get more info on WHAT exactly to code out, I think I could do it myself! Thanks

Last edited by e90-ZeRo; 02-04-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
e90-ZeRo
United_States
Rep

Okay maybe I'm just over-complicating this lol
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyPe-ZeRo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
I actually just got into coding yesterday, and I coded in the Digital Speedometer and I deleted the SideMarkers (in the headlamps when they're on, so its just the angel eyes, and light beam coming out of them, very sexy).

If I could get more info on WHAT exactly to code out, I think I could do it myself! Thanks
Oh good! It's easy, check the big coding DIY spreadsheet and code out the rear turn signal, rear brake light, and rear running light cold and warm bulb checks (I'm on my iPad right now so it's kind of a pain to check what the exact values are, but if you can't find them, repost and I'll take a look for you)
Appreciate 0