E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Extended Warranty - what would you pick with these retrofits?

10-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
jammy78
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Extended Warranty - what would you pick with these retrofits?

Hi,

Yes another extended warranty question but this time with a difference..... with all the retrofits I've done, is actually worth me getting comprehensive?

This is what I've done:

Full leather interior
CIC install (car was non idrive)
Power folding mirrors
LCI lights
New version paddles
313 alloys

Future:
Modified headlights

So is it worth getting full comprehensive as I see in the terms parts need to be from factory? I'm thinking I might be better off getting the named parts?

Any help deciding will be appreciated!

Cheers

Last edited by jammy78; 10-20-2013 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

hmmm valid point... if you have done suspension work too... then you may benefit from just the engine and driveline package... or something along those lines.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
TheBlondeFella
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E93 320i M Sport

when I purchased my BMW warranty the 1st thing they asked was 'has the car been modified in any way"

Just as a matter of interest, approximately how much did your CIC retrofit cost start to finish? I the standard HU and was wondering whether to go down this route or just change the HU for one with blue tooth and USB.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
jammy78
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
hmmm valid point... if you have done suspension work too... then you may benefit from just the engine and driveline package... or something along those lines.
This is what I'm thinking - as I purchased the car from a BMW, so I can play dumb..... I.e - I purchased the car with all this in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlondeFella View Post
when I purchased my BMW warranty the 1st thing they asked was 'has the car been modified in any way"

Just as a matter of interest, approximately how much did your CIC retrofit cost start to finish? I the standard HU and was wondering whether to go down this route or just change the HU for one with blue tooth and USB.
It just asks if the car was imported / written off! It does clearly state tho - only "factory fitted components", nothing about mods!?

Regarding the cost of the CIC - it all depends what you go for & how good you are at sourcing the parts! Final cost was around £1400 - worth every penny!

I originally retrofitted that USB head unit...... I was happy with it but I wanted the double scoop so bad!!!

Last edited by jammy78; 10-21-2013 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
TheBlondeFella
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E93 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
This is what I'm thinking - as I purchased the car from a BMW, so I can play dumb..... I.e - I purchased the car with all this in!

It just asks if the car was imported / written off! It does clearly state tho - only "factory fitted components", nothing about mods!?

Regarding the cost of the CIC - it all depends what you go for & how good you are at sourcing the parts! Final cost was around £1400 - worth every penny!

I originally retrofitted that USB head unit...... I was happy with it but I wanted the double scoop so bad!!!

I want it too, but, there is no way I can do that much on the car ever again after just buying some new 313s. I hopefully will be allowed to get the USB and blue tooth HU at some point though
Appreciate 0