View Single Post
      08-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #86
TUN3D
Major
Rep
Drives: none

ShocknAwe > I have both methods available to me right now -- within $300 -- not including paint. Either/or are viable (replacing the entire panel vs. cut/welding of the arches). The real difference, would be the prep/paint work. I'm wrapping the car for now -- so that isn't a factor. I'll let you know which route I take and why in the next few weeks. You'll see it all here.

To be honest, I would never buy a 1M. To me...the performance gap, compared to the 135, isn't wide enough to justify the inflated price tag. At 1M prices (perhaps a little more) you can get a used GTR and its "check mate".

To each his own though (and you'll meet alot of bias resistance from purist and 1M owners). There are many personal factors involved into why I decided to convert. My top reasons are...

1) I love working on this damn car! I've had two of them -- an '08MT and '09AT. I've done all my installs, repairs, tuning, etc. The work process and coordination is something I really enjoy. You have no idea how much fun I'm having doing this conversion.

2) Because of how very little I owe on this car, I've decided to keep it. In addition, my monthly payments are well under $290. Clean title, under 40k, engine/tranny/turbos in great health.

At the end, it just has to make sense to you.

Last edited by TUN3D; 08-24-2014 at 10:21 PM..
Appreciate 0