BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
Jaymz
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Coming soon; E39M5 powered E24

Car ordered

Hi Guys,

Put the order in on Saturday. She's locked in for a Nov/Dec build Jan arrival.
Ordered 135 Step. AW with Black:thumbup:
Now all i have to do is spec it.

Im thinking:
Roof
Hi-Fi
Pro Nav.
Not sure what else?

Would like accessories like Black grill, drilled rotors, rear wing.
Probably get these from the states?

Not sure about the expense of the CF rear wing. Would prefer FG in Black. Anyone know any other options?
Same with the CF mirrors, would prefer Black as the expense of the CF is ridiculous.

Don't know about the Brushed alloy trim either. Might see if they will do the Gloss Black like in the 125. Cant believe its not an option for 135??? Has anyone had this swapped factory?

Anything i've missed? What about the stripe, what's the jury's verdict on that?
Of course wheels/tyres will be upgraded and might go with CSL reps in 19".
Then there's the engine management, with the jury still on trial and collecting real world data, i think either JB3 or Active will get the verdict.:headbang:
      09-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #2
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Give Andrew@SouthernBM a call about your BMW Performance parts. I ordered mine through him he's a top bloke.

You might want to get the pedals, they look trick and add 13.4KW ATW.

You didn't say you if you were getting AT or MT, but if it's a MT the Short Shift Kit is a good option IMO.

If you don't want to get the full kit, I think WAYne has the shifter and alcantara boot for sale?

The stripe looks good but it's up to you and your own personal sense of style if you think you can pull it off (this is questionable since you ordered AW in the first place :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin

Congrats on your order Jaymz, you'll have to join the Bris Vegas 1er brigade when it arrives
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 12:21 AM   #3
Jaymz
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
Give Andrew@SouthernBM a call about your BMW Performance parts. I ordered mine through him he's a top bloke.

You might want to get the pedals, they look trick and add 13.4KW ATW.

You didn't say you if you were getting AT or MT, but if it's a MT the Short Shift Kit is a good option IMO.

If you don't want to get the full kit, I think WAYne has the shifter and alcantara boot for sale?

The stripe looks good but it's up to you and your own personal sense of style if you think you can pull it off (this is questionable since you ordered AW in the first place :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin

Congrats on your order Jaymz, you'll have to join the Bris Vegas 1er brigade when it arrives
Cheers mattyv and there's nothing wrong with the AW:biggrin: It'll look hot with another set of wheels:thumbup: go the 19's!

Yeh going with the Steptronic AT. Have got as MT now and as much as i like driving it, it really does bite the big one in traffic

Yes will speak to Andrew and a few others on the best deal for all the good stuff.
      09-08-2008, 01:06 AM   #4
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Congrats - well done, now it's just all happy waiting, but you can just keep yourself busy acquiring all the mod hardware

I most definitely concur with the 19" wheel choice, it'll look fantastic with a set 19's :smile: wouldn't bother with the cosmetic strip though - just my opinion...

For a quick/easy, proven and great value power mod, just go straight to a JB3 IMHO, you don't need anything else, that'll do it all on its own :smile:
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #5
Jaymz
Private
Australia
Rep

Cheers Wraith.
Yes saw a few pics of the CSL's in 19" and they definately look the berries. Just a little concerned about the sizes. 19x8.5 & 19x9.5. They're bloody huge and would carry a weight premium i'm sure. Dont want any rubbing issues either.
There is a few guys with them now though so should have some good feedback by the time i'm ready to buy.
      09-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #6
ExMX5
Engineering Tool
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymz View Post
Hi Guys,

Put the order in on Saturday. She's locked in for a Nov/Dec build Jan arrival.
Ordered 135 Step. AW with Black:thumbup:
Now all i have to do is spec it.

Im thinking:
Roof
Hi-Fi
Pro Nav.
Not sure what else?

Would like accessories like Black grill, drilled rotors, rear wing.
Probably get these from the states?

Not sure about the expense of the CF rear wing. Would prefer FG in Black. Anyone know any other options?
Same with the CF mirrors, would prefer Black as the expense of the CF is ridiculous.

Don't know about the Brushed alloy trim either. Might see if they will do the Gloss Black like in the 125. Cant believe its not an option for 135??? Has anyone had this swapped factory?

Anything i've missed? What about the stripe, what's the jury's verdict on that?
Of course wheels/tyres will be upgraded and might go with CSL reps in 19".
Then there's the engine management, with the jury still on trial and collecting real world data, i think either JB3 or Active will get the verdict.:headbang:
Damn - I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and was told Dec/Jan build with a March delivery date

Perth: Whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?

Congrats tho, and now for the input - I don't like the stripe, but then again I like darker cars so I may be biased...

You can get gloss black trim if you want it - just ask your dealer... They offered it with mine when the gf stated she hated the glacier pattern....

Due December 15th!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 01:24 AM   #7
Jaymz
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMX5 View Post
Damn - I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and was told Dec/Jan build with a March delivery date

Perth: Whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?

I don't like the stripe, but then again I like darker cars so I may be biased...
I have very strong connections with the dealers here and i took their last build slot this year for a 135.

Yes, the school is definately out on the stripe.

Whats the go with the interior mirror, can't believe thats not anti dazzle my Golf has that! ExMX5, i would advise ordering that aswell as its a great feature. They will have some time to spec change your car
      09-08-2008, 01:37 AM   #8
ExMX5
Engineering Tool
Rep
Drives:

Interior w anti-dazzle is standard - it's the side ones that are optional...

Gonna have to bug my dealer for a Dec slot then!

Due December 15th!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 01:58 AM   #9
Jaymz
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMX5 View Post
Interior w anti-dazzle is standard - it's the side ones that are optional...

Gonna have to bug my dealer for a Dec slot then!
Nice one, can't live without the simple features like anti-dazzle:biggrin:

This is how the build slots work for dealers.
At the start of each year they have to commit to building/selling a number of cars. They then break that down into months so whether or not they are selling they are committed to building that amount of cars p/month.
Once they have filled all their build slots BMW can't give anymore slots as the dealers commitment goes to the regional manager of that area and that becomes his commitment along with all the other dealers in that area. And so on and so forth till you get a Australia wide commitment.
So it comes down to two things. Unless the dealer can spec change one of their own build cars (or stock cars) in that month you want it (if it has a vin number you cant change it) they would have to source a built car from another dealer.

So in your case it sounds like they have used all their slots until next year:smile:
Hope this makes sense
      09-08-2008, 02:52 AM   #10
harpoon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Maybe consider the comfort access Jaymz. I was undecided and rolled the dice but I love it. Jump in and push the button and away you go.
      09-08-2008, 02:55 AM   #11
Timbo
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135

+1 for comfort access... agree it seems like a luxury when you're picking options, but once you have the car, one of those options that you never stop loving
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 03:10 AM   #12
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

Congrats on the order.

Waiting for a Jan delivery as well.

I think I need to hassle the dealer for a build date, since you have yours.

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 03:46 AM   #13
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Congrats Jaymz.

Sounds like you have all the bits plnned out... good to hear.

IF you hadn't put down the cash you may have been able to get the dealer to "find" a car for you by way of the state manager. That's what I did, no car no buy (from that dealer anyway). I shopped around interstate and was promised a better price and an earlier build, went back and gotwhat I wanted.

Don't mean to, but probably am, put the fire out for you a little but... if you are getting a Nov/Dec build you won't be likely to see the car till Feb at the earliest I would say. As they always do, a Nov build will more than likely be a Dec build... I would want some sort of gaurantee of a build slot.

Anyway enjoy the wait like the rest of us mortals on here. :smile:
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 06:51 AM   #14
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

See you for a run through the mountains around Brisbane in Feb when I get back from O/S Jaymz! Who else'd be up for a run? I'll be lagging at the back trying to protect my one remaining point...
      09-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #15
TimH
Symptoms of 135i denial..
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2005 120i Sydney Blue

Maybe I'm just a cheapskate but I would be happy to have a 2009 build than get the car a month earlier and have a one year old car which is really only a month old.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 06:57 AM   #16
DTNJNQ
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2, 135i, Xclass

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Congratulation Jaymz. It will be worth the long wait
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 07:00 AM   #17
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimH View Post
Maybe I'm just a cheapskate but I would be happy to have a 2009 build than get the car a month earlier and have a one year old car which is really only a month old.
At least you had a choice, TimH!!

(sorry, I'll shut up now and I am sure I will forever when I get mine in a couple of weeks)
      09-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #18
Jaymz
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Maybe consider the comfort access Jaymz. I was undecided and rolled the dice but I love it. Jump in and push the button and away you go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
+1 for comfort access... agree it seems like a luxury when you're picking options, but once you have the car, one of those options that you never stop loving
Yeh will consider always thought of it as a novelty though. Might give me an excuse to go back in and play:smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
Congrats Jaymz.

Sounds like you have all the bits plnned out... good to hear.

IF you hadn't put down the cash you may have been able to get the dealer to "find" a car for you by way of the state manager. That's what I did, no car no buy (from that dealer anyway). I shopped around interstate and was promised a better price and an earlier build, went back and gotwhat I wanted.

Don't mean to, but probably am, put the fire out for you a little but... if you are getting a Nov/Dec build you won't be likely to see the car till Feb at the earliest I would say. As they always do, a Nov build will more than likely be a Dec build... I would want some sort of gaurantee of a build slot.

Anyway enjoy the wait like the rest of us mortals on here. :smile:
Hi Alpine, no cash down mate, its all good. When i said i was well connected what i meant is the DP for the newest BMW dealership in the country, owns the company i manage:biggrin:
So very well connected you might say:thumbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
See you for a run through the mountains around Brisbane in Feb when I get back from O/S Jaymz! Who else'd be up for a run? I'll be lagging at the back trying to protect my one remaining point...
Yep i'm up for that, count me in:biggrin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimH View Post
You have got to love BMW finance. Go with the Full Circle and it doesn't matter when it was built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTNJNQ View Post
Congratulation Jaymz. It will be worth the long wait
Thanks it will be good. Am driving a new GT Golf atm, only bought it in Feb so no problem with the wait.
Might have to sneak in to the dealership though one weekend and get a fix though, the 135 is a bit quicker than my GT:biggrin: