This was the 1M in the Scottish Borders Today for a blast
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 02:32 AM   #26
Bagster60
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M 2012

Hey mate, grats on the new ride. The Cobb works really well and the beauty of it is it is preloaded with a number of maps both in standard tune and linear tune. They also tune the car with various bolt on upgrades and remap as they go. I am running a stage 2 agressive tune on my 1M and it is an absolute rocket but totally sedate under normal driving. The upgrades I have done are a Milltek primary cat back exhaust (which incidentally gets rid of the notorious 1M drone as a bonus) I also replaced the two crappy items that shouldn't have made it through the factory aka the FMIC and the charge pipe. I went with a Wagner and an evolution respectively but there are a number of good items out there. I also dropped in a hiflo panel air filter and that's about it.

Enjoy your 1M, they are a special car.

PS I feel so sorry for guys in the UK saddled with having to have those hideous yellow rego plates, my god they look awful....on any car that isn't yellow and black!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 04:11 PM   #27
Mark 1M
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2

Coupe of pictures i took last night
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #28
Mark 1M
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagster60 View Post
Hey mate, grats on the new ride. The Cobb works really well and the beauty of it is it is preloaded with a number of maps both in standard tune and linear tune. They also tune the car with various bolt on upgrades and remap as they go. I am running a stage 2 agressive tune on my 1M and it is an absolute rocket but totally sedate under normal driving. The upgrades I have done are a Milltek primary cat back exhaust (which incidentally gets rid of the notorious 1M drone as a bonus) I also replaced the two crappy items that shouldn't have made it through the factory aka the FMIC and the charge pipe. I went with a Wagner and an evolution respectively but there are a number of good items out there. I also dropped in a hiflo panel air filter and that's about it.

PS I feel so sorry for guys in the UK saddled with having to have those hideous yellow rego plates, my god they look awful....on any car that isn't yellow and black!

Just waiting on some prices for the Cobb and a FMIC then i will decide what to do tunning wise i have been told the forge FMIC will push the undertray / bumper down

When you live all your life in the uk number plates front and rear look ok
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 03:10 AM   #29
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagster60 View Post

Just waiting on some prices for the Cobb and a FMIC then i will decide what to do tunning wise i have been told the forge FMIC will push the undertray / bumper down

When you live all your life in the uk number plates front and rear look ok
I just installed the forge IC and I experienced no such fit issues. Slipped on like it was OEM. I did quite a bit of research and I was deciding between the Mishimoto (great end tank design, OEM connections with some fit issues) and Forge (ok end tank design, OEM connections and zero fit issues). Would note that the first generation N54 Forge IC wasn't quite right for the 1M, you actually need to order their N55 IC (N55 Ex and 1M share ICs). Forge part # is FMINTBM. You'll likely source locally, but for context, here's what I bought: http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2561896/

Between that and the N55 miss (added at the same time), I couldn't be happier with the slight bump in hp and noticeable improvement in throttle response (I don't have a tune).
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:24 AM   #30
Mark 1M
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thats Great does the Forge FMIC suffer from the pipe blowing off like the standard intercooler ?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 06:09 AM   #31
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 1M
Thats Great does the Forge FMIC suffer from the pipe blowing off like the standard intercooler ?
I haven't had that issue- but I'm on the v2 OEM cpipe (the original broke and was replaced under warranty by the prior owner). Worth noting that the it's now a metal to metal connection (OEM pipe end gasket/c-clip to Forge IC flange), vs the plastic to metal connection of the OEM IC. That may help.

For me- stock fit, a much larger core and little pressure loss (Forge seems best here) were key. In my opinion, Forge is the only IC for the 1M that accomplishes those goals.

Unfortunately, it's priced accordingly. Would note that it's also quite a bit heavier than stock (but inline with or better than other brands).
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 10:32 AM   #32
Ringer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ms

Hello Mark and welcome! Beautiful cars and i hope you enjoy every second with them...but wait a sec.. Did you sell your CSL for the 1M?

C'mon now...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 02:34 AM   #33
Mark 1M
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
Hello Mark and welcome! Beautiful cars and i hope you enjoy every second with them...but wait a sec.. Did you sell your CSL for the 1M?

C'mon now...
Yes
WHY === CSL is a great car but after 8 years of owning 3 and i also own the CSL Register website it was getting to the point you could not get parts if needed and with any racecar it needed parts.

1 member was waiting over 2 years for a new engine from BMW the car was covered with BMW warranty but still 2 years

The 1M 13,000 miles parts nextday easy to tune and limited edition
and values on the up what better time for a 1M Coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #34
Ringer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 1M View Post
Yes
WHY === CSL is a great car but after 8 years of owning 3 and i also own the CSL Register website it was getting to the point you could not get parts if needed and with any racecar it needed parts.

1 member was waiting over 2 years for a new engine from BMW the car was covered with BMW warranty but still 2 years

The 1M 13,000 miles parts nextday easy to tune and limited edition
and values on the up what better time for a 1M Coupe
I see!

Why, is there any problems with BMW and the parts and spares supply?
He was waiting for 2 years??

WTF? I thought BMW tradition was having all the parts available. Sport Evo's are!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 03:58 PM   #35
Mark 1M
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
I see!

Why, is there any problems with BMW and the parts and spares supply?
He was waiting for 2 years??

WTF? I thought BMW tradition was having all the parts available. Sport Evo's are!

Somthing to do with getting a new supplier of the camshafts
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #36
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Hi Mark

Congratulations on the 1M...personally I would have kept the CSL and just bought the 1M too

Wearabouts in Scotland are you?

I know everyone is saying Cobb tune and the guys on here and at Cobb know there stuff, but I would also like to recommend the Evolve tune with RR custom setup rather than an in the box package.
I have been running evolve stage 3 tuning package for 2 years and recently switched to stage 2 (400bhp) for better drive ability on UK B roads...I've had no issues at all. I had it in the Alps last year and managed 6-7 alpine passes, the drive from Amsterdam to Italy and back and as I've said it was flawless. The customer service is top notch too. I think very early on there was a programming issue on someone's tune, I don't think it caused any damage but it was quickly ironed out. I'm sure people read 1 bad report and don't advise on going to evolve as much. Hopefully with what I've got and done it will make you consider them as I believe there work is top notch.

I'm currently set up with

KW clubs port V3 (fully set up and corner weighted)
H&R sway bars
Evolve tune stage 2 400bhp and 415ft/lbs torque
Afe stage 2 sealed cold air intake
Evolve intercooler ( which is the forge)
Super sprint full exhaust with decatted downpipes
Evo works charge pipe and tial bov
P3 gauge and it shows max 17.5psi boost from analogue

I have all the original parts I case that day ever came...which I doubt it will.

I'm in Scotland if you ever fancy a drive out 1 weekend....mostly in Berwick and Aberdeen...

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 10:46 AM   #37
Mark 1M
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
Hi Mark

Congratulations on the 1M...personally I would have kept the CSL and just bought the 1M too

I know everyone is saying Cobb tune and the guys on here and at Cobb know there stuff, but I would also like to recommend the Evolve tune with RR custom setup rather than an in the box package.
I have been running evolve stage 3 tuning package for 2 years and recently switched to stage 2 (400bhp) for better drive ability on UK B roads...I've had no issues at all. I had it in the Alps last year and managed 6-7 alpine passes, the drive from Amsterdam to Italy and back and as I've said it was flawless. The customer service is top notch too. I think very early on there was a programming issue on someone's tune, I don't think it caused any damage but it was quickly ironed out. I'm sure people read 1 bad report and don't advise on going to evolve as much. Hopefully with what I've got and done it will make you consider them as I believe there work is top notch.

H&R sway bars

I have all the original parts I case that day ever came...which I doubt it will.

I'm in Scotland if you ever fancy a drive out 1 weekend....mostly in Berwick and Aberdeen...

Cheers
Hi i live just outside livingston. I looked at the evolve map but its too expensive also the Cobb is getting the live mad done with Russ at Performance HQ he did my 600bhp evo and it was one of the quickest round knockhill

The i dont miss the CSL i have owned 3 so seen it done it wrote the book

There is a few lads moved from the CSL into the 1M if they make a 2M GTS / CSL i might move form the 1M we shall see.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 12:39 PM   #38
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
Hi Mark

H&R sway bars

Cheers
Hi, could you clarify what you meant by saying "Evolve intercooler (which is the forge)"?

I had a 1M long time and had the Evolve intercooler too. It is different than the Forge intercooler, even smaller and lighter, and is a product of a different company. Maybe you meant something else that I am missing here.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0