BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-19-2016, 07:39 AM   #1
elburbs
Private
Australia
1
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: EVO VIII
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

n55 tuning ?

Hi all,

Where do n55 guys go for flash tuning?! I can't find anything on the web. The information is so limited

is there any options besides jb4/cobb accessport?

My friend recommended I check out "underground racing" - a couple of my golfR friends have been tuned by them who see good results, said they do 135i's too? based in melbourne.

Would a dct tune be required to compliment a engine flash tune too?

plans are to get a flash tune + a cp, then maybe a fmic+dp if i get itchy, that's about it though.

+1 I'd prefer not to run a jb4/piggyback.

if anyone can point me in the right direction, that'd be great!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 09:07 AM   #2
Orangee94
Private First Class
Orangee94's Avatar
7
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: 135i n55 DCT 2013
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: australia, sydney

iTrader: (0)

what year model is yours? cuz i know 2012 n 2013 are like impossible
__________________
e84 x1 2012 Sdrive2.0d sold was a fun car in stick
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 09:25 AM   #3
Nugget
Lieutenant Colonel
Nugget's Avatar
75
Rep
1,983
Posts

Drives: E90 M3, E36 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [5.00]
There are bench flashes available which require removing the DME from the car. But they don't ever seem to have much info online about them.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 09:28 PM   #4
TS135i
piggy in the mirror
Australia
26
Rep
565
Posts

Drives: 2013 6MT 135i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

JB4 ISO is buttery smooth in case you where wondering, also can be changed on the fly.
__________________
135i Coupe N55 PPK+JB4
X3 30d LCI
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 03:24 AM   #5
elburbs
Private
Australia
1
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: EVO VIII
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

i have a 2011 dct 135i. hmmmm
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 07:47 PM   #6
Tricki
Second Lieutenant
Tricki's Avatar
Australia
9
Rep
206
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i DCT N55 2013
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburbs
Hi all,

Where do n55 guys go for flash tuning?! I can't find anything on the web. The information is so limited

is there any options besides jb4/cobb accessport?

My friend recommended I check out "underground racing" - a couple of my golfR friends have been tuned by them who see good results, said they do 135i's too? based in melbourne.

Would a dct tune be required to compliment a engine flash tune too?

plans are to get a flash tune + a cp, then maybe a fmic+dp if i get itchy, that's about it though.

+1 I'd prefer not to run a jb4/piggyback.

if anyone can point me in the right direction, that'd be great!
Southern BM in Morabbin!!
I did ESS stage 1 Flash Tune... Felt great

Last week upgraded to Pure Stage 2 Turbo with same tune and it feels amazing
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 09:59 PM   #7
koastal
Lieutenant
Australia
103
Rep
529
Posts

Drives: M2 -DCT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sunshine Coast - Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburbs View Post
i have a 2011 dct 135i. hmmmm
Good Choice
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 08:00 AM   #8
elburbs
Private
Australia
1
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: EVO VIII
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricki View Post
Southern BM in Morabbin!!
I did ESS stage 1 Flash Tune... Felt great

Last week upgraded to Pure Stage 2 Turbo with same tune and it feels amazing
Nice Tricki, how much power did you make from initial flash tune stage1 to what it is now stage 2? what other supporting mods do you have on the car now and did you need a CP ?
heard the flash was bit pricey from southern.

Friends recommended Underground flash tuning for 850, they seem to b proven on Audi's/GolfR's but not much on bm.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 08:33 AM   #9
Gangplank
Captain
Gangplank's Avatar
40
Rep
697
Posts

Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sprt DCT in
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: LV, NV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elburbs
i have a 2011 dct 135i. hmmmm
I have the same car w/ the PPK flash. Had it done by my local Indy shop. Really happy with it for the price. If you want more than 325hp I think jb4 is you other best option. Does COBB work on n55 yet?

I believe the PPK can be done remotely on certain years or can be done yourself if you have the right software. Look for posts by joe@TopGearSolutions. No affiliation e/ them but I've seen their info.
__________________
'11 135i | Sport Pkg | PPK1 | DCT | Leather | ... next?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #10
Tricki
Second Lieutenant
Tricki's Avatar
Australia
9
Rep
206
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i DCT N55 2013
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricki View Post
Southern BM in Morabbin!!
I did ESS stage 1 Flash Tune... Felt great

Last week upgraded to Pure Stage 2 Turbo with same tune and it feels amazing
Nice Tricki, how much power did you make from initial flash tune stage1 to what it is now stage 2? what other supporting mods do you have on the car now and did you need a CP ?
heard the flash was bit pricey from southern.

Friends recommended Underground flash tuning for 850, they seem to b proven on Audi's/GolfR's but not much on bm.
Yeah I do have CP ...recommended as first upgrade as it goes when boosting... As I've tracked the car in the past I put LSD and FMIC.
$1900 was the charge for the tune. ECU had to be removed.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #11
elburbs
Private
Australia
1
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: EVO VIII
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
I have the same car w/ the PPK flash. Had it done by my local Indy shop. Really happy with it for the price. If you want more than 325hp I think jb4 is you other best option. Does COBB work on n55 yet?

I believe the PPK can be done remotely on certain years or can be done yourself if you have the right software. Look for posts by joe@TopGearSolutions. No affiliation e/ them but I've seen their info.
Who did your PPK flash for you? yeah i've been reading around about the PPK and Joe, if i dont find a decent flash around i may resort to this for a small/early/simple tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #12
elburbs
Private
Australia
1
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: EVO VIII
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricki View Post
Yeah I do have CP ...recommended as first upgrade as it goes when boosting... As I've tracked the car in the past I put LSD and FMIC.
$1900 was the charge for the tune. ECU had to be removed.
oh wow ecu removed?! i see, 1900 is steep too though.

trying to get a CP for then n55 but its really pricey buying online (was going to get ETS from x-ph.com but it would end up over 400AUD, so will just have to wait and buy a bulk of items to save on shipping.

unless i can try source one 2nd hand/locally, just gotta keep an eye out on one when it pops up lol
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 11:55 PM   #13
koastal
Lieutenant
Australia
103
Rep
529
Posts

Drives: M2 -DCT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sunshine Coast - Oz

iTrader: (0)

The charge pipe will break, took approx 30k to break the first one and another 60k to break the next one
JB4 and catless down pipe are the best $ for hp.
Intercoolers and LSD are terrific upgrades, but will barely be noticed on the street.

Will you be tracking yours ?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 12:10 AM   #14
No Style 135is
Private First Class
No Style 135is's Avatar
4
Rep
184
Posts

Drives: '13 135is, 289/586
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

Have you considered Dinan tune?
__________________
2013 135is DCT / Dinan Stage 3 / Wagner Tuning Evo 1 Competition FMIC / ER sport oil cooler / PPK2 / ER charge pipe / PE / Reiger rear diffuser / Seibon BM style CF hood / Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 / KW V1 / Valentine One / Defi Boost Gauge /
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 02:45 AM   #15
Gangplank
Captain
Gangplank's Avatar
40
Rep
697
Posts

Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sprt DCT in
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: LV, NV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elburbs View Post
Who did your PPK flash for you? yeah i've been reading around about the PPK and Joe, if i dont find a decent flash around i may resort to this for a small/early/simple tune.
My Indy handled the arrangements. Not sure who they used.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 07:02 AM   #16
elburbs
Private
Australia
1
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: EVO VIII
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
The charge pipe will break, took approx 30k to break the first one and another 60k to break the next one
JB4 and catless down pipe are the best $ for hp.
Intercoolers and LSD are terrific upgrades, but will barely be noticed on the street.

Will you be tracking yours ?
not likely - car is a daily. plans are to just get a flash tune/piggy + CP....... then maybe later on a fmic/dp.
would a cobb/jb4 affect drive ability /smooth ride etc?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 05:59 AM   #17
FLYN55
Private
0
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: Rx7
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

I'm waiting on Nizpro to go for tune :-)
They have got a 3 series with mild upgrades 300rwkws ran like a 11sec flat 1/4 mile,
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #18
elburbs
Private
Australia
1
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: EVO VIII
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYN55 View Post
I'm waiting on Nizpro to go for tune :-)
They have got a 3 series with mild upgrades 300rwkws ran like a 11sec flat 1/4 mile,
How much are nizpro charging for a flash tune?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #19
elburbs
Private
Australia
1
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: EVO VIII
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
My Indy handled the arrangements. Not sure who they used.
How much did that set you back pricewise? N any noticeable difference with ppk in terms of power n driveabilty or just noise mostly?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 03:16 AM   #20
Nugget
Lieutenant Colonel
Nugget's Avatar
75
Rep
1,983
Posts

Drives: E90 M3, E36 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
I have the same car w/ the PPK flash. Had it done by my local Indy shop. Really happy with it for the price. If you want more than 325hp I think jb4 is you other best option. Does COBB work on n55 yet?
.
Cobb works on 2011s and some 2012s.
You can email Cobb your VIN and they will confirm if it's compatible with your car.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #21
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes's Avatar
221
Rep
5,287
Posts

Drives: a black car
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (3)

FWIW here's an N55 DCT dyno tune we did recently.. car is stock except for a charge pipe.
Baseline was 199rwkw

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 08:55 AM   #22
Gangplank
Captain
Gangplank's Avatar
40
Rep
697
Posts

Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sprt DCT in
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: LV, NV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
FWIW here's an N55 DCT dyno tune we did recently.. car is stock except for a charge pipe.
Baseline was 199rwkw

So about 270 rwhp?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 AM.




1addicts
1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST