BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Our first local install of our E82 trunk sub module

A local forum member and E82 owner (135i, Logic 7, Sirius, Bluetooth, iDrive) had us add our subwoofer module and amplifier last week. Here are some pics:

The corner we're going into:

The Logic 7 amplifier getting the extended Technic harness:

The Arc amp next to the battery, in its aluminum bracket (the amp goes between the wheel wells in non-Sirius cars):

The trunk together:

The trunk together and the load floor out:

We played it with the EQ in the Logic 7 system flat, the bass and treble flat, and the woofer did a great job of augmenting the cabin system without being boomy or thuddy.

We played rap, hip-hop, and jazz, and the woofer sounded great with all of them. The amp was doing 250W into this Image Dynamics 10, and the balance was very good. We weren't outrunning the Logic 7 system, and it wasn't outrunning the sub either. We couldn't be happier with the results.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 02:06 AM   #2
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

Looks awesome. So sorry we didn't connect when your partner in crime was in the SF area a few weeks ago.
Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 02:37 AM   #3
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Looks OEM! Could you PM me a price for this exact set-up? Thanks!

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 02:39 AM   #4
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Very nice.
      11-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
Sinister Crayon
floccinaucinihilipilifica tion
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
Looks OEM! Could you PM me a price for this exact set-up? Thanks!
+1. This looks freaking awesome, and as a music aficianado I would really appreciate a bit more kick from the system.

Would this be the same for the current HK system? I'm getting a 2012 with HK, and while I think it's good there's no doubt in my mind it could be better.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
whozurdaddy
Rep
Drives: 135i

UPDATE: One month in

Owner here. It's been a month now and I just wanted to express my satisfaction with the system overall. It's a gorgeous install and it sounds amazing. I listen to a lot of hip-hop as well as classic rock and electronic. Everything I throw at sounds great! As Ken mentioned, the EQ levels are flat as well as the treble and bass. The only thing I tweak is the bass setting based on the material I'm listening to.

The enclosure is perfect. The color matches the interior spot on and it fits perfectly in to the space I never used.

Thanks to Ken and Tom at Musicar! Tom's sub design is incredible and their service was top notch. I'm very happy with this early Xmas present to myself
Appreciate 0