View Single Post
      12-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #174
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzid_ View Post
The suspension.., but I also am wondering how different brake pad materials affect the control. Next time I am putting OEM on the rear (I don't know what I have currently, but experiencing this one issue I reported earlier

The DCS tuning is something I want to try. Do you know if it possible to have DTC behaviour in normal drive mode (without pressing the DTC button)?
I am asking because it pisses me off that in my DME the DTC disables Sport throttle mapping.

Maybe the BMS Pedal would be a solution for me. I wasn't aware of that!
Though I am a bit concerned about safety since this is surely not certified hardware which is messing with critical ASIL D level safety system. I guess it was tested on other people though
Yeah, I was wondering about brake pad material too. Right now I'm running akebono on the front and hawk performance on the rear. In the winter, the brake dust builds up on the rear wheels pretty fast during aggressive driving. In the summer, not so much buildup. I take this to mean braking system is working more and harder due to less traction on cold pavement. Its incredible to see a rear wheel drive car with tons of torque and not lose control after sudden full throttle application and acceleration. It's a possibility that brake pretensioning may adjust more with various pads. I sometimes think these cars can ride the brakes to some degree until ecu is happy or stability is regained. Lol! Enough power will overcome the brakes though if the ecu doesn't reduce power.

The dsc tuning does effect all modes, dsc, on or off and dtc. I'm not sure if it will fix the sport issue. We have different dsc modules. I have dsc full off most of the time. Xhp for trans or someone who tunes dme may have an answer for that.

The pedal tuner makes a good bit of difference on a tuned car. Power comes on fast initial throttle. Part throttle is great. Altering the dme throttle sensitivity tables is icing on the cake. A little more throttle allowed during cornering. Dsc/dtc less intrusive and lets car corner more naturally. Suspension allowed to do more of the work less some brake work.
DME still ultimately in control as well as other modules. I had the same concerns with the pedal tuner at first.

Once you get it, you'll probably never drive without it!
Appreciate 0