View Single Post
      12-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #8
TUN3D
Major
Rep
Drives: none

jbarzelatto > I've had three of these bumpers to date including the first fiberglass version that came out. Here are my notes and I hope it helps...

Headlight Washers:
If you want to retain the headlight washers, then you'll have to cut out the holes. My recommendation is that you scrap the bulky 135i pop-ups and replace them with 1M spray nozzles. This will cost you a little more but will make your life easier in terms of cutting & installation. It's a flexible system so you don't have to be as accurate with the holes -- less cutting etc. Will also give you that real 1M look.

As an alternative, you can remove the system all together. I've never liked it as it sprays water all over the place, not just the headlights. I coded out my nozzles, but you don't really have to. Like gap > said, pull the fuse or look thru my conversion thread and you'll see how to remove the system -- no codes/no leaks:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1058161

Ducts:
In order to get the fog-lights in, you have to remove the 135i ducts -- it fits awkwardly and applies pressures/pushes the bumper out otherwise. As far as "cooling" goes for the brakes and oil, you can do without (LMAO). It makes no appreciable difference in terms of daily-driving & 1/4 mile runs. AutoX might be a different story, but otherwise...you're fine. Think of it like this...if BMW really needs functional air-ducts to help the brakes and oil-cooler...we're in trouble (LOL).

As an alternative, if you scrap the fog-lights all together and cut out the brackets, you can rock 1M ducts. They fit perfectly. The only issue you'll have is the drivers side duct. There is no native mounting point other than a single screw. There is a workaround tho. Another issue is the horn bracket. You can modify the duct to fit or you can simply relocate the horns:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1058161

Yet another alternative, if you're not afraid of cutting things up, you can modify/fuse the existing 135i ducts to 1M ducts. Let me find the images I had...

Last edited by TUN3D; 12-04-2014 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 2