View Single Post
      12-14-2014, 07:36 AM   #13
TUN3D
Major
Rep
Drives: none

jbarzelatto > There are no other grills to cover those holes other than the fog-light grills that come with the kit. Now that you removed the brackets, there really isn't another option.

Your best bet would be to use 1M ducts. If you want to keep the brake cooling functionality, you'll need to modify and fuse them with standard 135i ducts (like the images I posted).

Here's my thing, and perhaps someone with real life brake experience (in regards to our cars), can chime in. I'm not really sure how MUCH of a difference those brake cooling ducts actually make on the street. You would need to have a serious spirited session around town before your brakes heat up to THAT point -- if at all.

After owning (2) 135's in the last 4-5 years (with these bumpers/without brake cooling ducts), I've NEVER experienced any kind of heating issues. I've gone on those spirited drives around town and its been fine.

The 1M, for reference, eliminated those awful/clunky brake cooling ducts and holes on the liners. To counter, they added cross-drilled rotors. That's the barometer I use. Perhaps when the time comes to change your rotors...upgrade...problem solved.

Honestly man, if you want a really clean/authentic look, I would scrap those brake cooling ducts and get 1M ducts. The passenger side bolts up to the oil-radiator and keeps that cooling function. The only thing you'd have to do is find the best solution that fits YOU in regards to securing the drivers side.