View Single Post
      12-14-2021, 06:31 AM   #100
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

So I am now just over 100,000 miles and I am starting to think about a suspension refresh.

This is a street car and suburban daily driver first and foremost. But I would like to get back to a track day on occasion and do love a twisty mountain road..

Car has M3 control arms on it and DINAN upper rear mounts. Nothing else suspension wise but stock sport suspension.

I am fine with slightly stiffer, especially at the rear, but not much lower if at all.

Here is what I am thinking.

Replacing all the springs and shocks with a matched kit. Leaning towards Bilstein B12 (includes Eibach springs) or the Koni 1140 kit. I don't know the spring rates included but will try to find out before pulling the trigger.

Replacing upper strut mounts with OEM and adding fixed dinan camber plates.

Replacing rear subframe mounts with M3, Delrin or solid. I've seen some saying zero change in NVH. I'd love to get the undamped mass of the rear subframe, diff and suspension out of the equation. BMW has gone this way on its new cars as well.

I'll probably add M3 gearbox mounts and replace Motor mounts with OEM and leave the diff mounts alone.

I am torn about sway bars as I think I need to drive the new suspension first before changing something else.

Once this is done it is time for all new brake lines and possibly an F30 front caliper upgrade.

If anyone has thoughts or advice on this please chime in!!!!

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0