View Single Post
      08-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #57
TUN3D
Major
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
...cutting will be necessary of both the ducting and the fender liner.
Yup, there are significant modifications needed to fit dual oil-coolers. Yeineken, Google "ER 135i oil", and you'll see a ton of pics. The kit looks awesome. For me personally, and what I want to do, it doesn't really make sense. I just want to 1/4-mile, and do linear runs -- so my oil temps aren't an issue.

Right now, I'm running the stock oil-cooler and even after back-to-back pulls...temps rise but stay in check (approx. 250°F).

My CP-e FMIC came with an extra oil-cooler, which I haven't installed yet.

On my other 1er (this is my second), I had the exact same kit with the extra oil-cooler and my temps would avg. 200-210°F. After back-to-back runs, it would rise to about 230-240°F. That said, this is with a tiny supplementary in-line oil-cooler.

I can't imagine what a legit/larger oil-cooler would do -- much less two of those mthrfkers...LMAO!

Analyze what you're needs/goals are and go from there. No need to cut shit up unless you have to.

I know that 250°F is pretty standard. I'm assuming the engine can handle more -- not sure of the thresholds. I would use that as you're base line.

Last edited by TUN3D; 08-13-2014 at 04:22 PM..
Appreciate 0