BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-08-2019, 08:51 AM   #23
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: n54

Thread revival !

Same here, since having my car (n54 135i) i always noticed this behaviour and wonder if it's normal or not ?

Definitely not a 29.2 issue cause it's MHD tuned so it get rid of this problem.

During warming period without WOTing or red lining it (under 3000rpms), the low end torque seems to have more power, more responsiveness and quicker spool than when warmep up.... DTC activates, eventully tyres spins while barely pressing the throttle pedal. Once it's warmed, it just feels laggier. The power is there, but in mid and high end. This initial low rpm peppy feeling is not there anymore.

Are we in the same boat, every n54 does that? or is there any issue ?

Any possibility it could be a bad (partially clogged?) mid catalytic converter? I know these stuff starts to really work when it's warmed.

If it's related to air temp in the combustion chamber, does a walnut blasting helps? (never done it yet, but plan to do it)
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 06:12 AM   #24
Unai
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgrounds View Post
Is it my car or is this the way the turbo engines work, because I'm coming from an e39 M5 and this is beginning to bother me. The car pulls like a train until the engine reaches it's full operating temp and as it gets there the power goes down (not by a lot but noticable amount), or rather the peak TQ rpm goes up, meaning it only starts to pull at 4-5k rmp as oppsed to 2-3k rmp. Is this normal?
Hey, did you solve the issue? I have the same problem with a 335i. When the engine is hot the turbo doesn't spool at lower rpm and I end up getting a 30ff - low boost pressure error.
Appreciate 0