BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-09-2021, 08:05 PM   #1
Spark365
Private
Rep
Drives: Infiniti g35

Airbag and seatbelt code after swapping sport seats

Hi everyone

So today I swapped my standard manual non sport seats for manual sport seats. I also swapped my seat belt harness to the new seats. Only thing is that it is throwing some seatbelt and airbag codes now. Can someone explain that? How do I get rid of them ?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 08:27 PM   #2
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Did you swap the under seat control boxes also? If they’re both manual, it should be easy to do and it’ll basically think you have the original seats in. Also did you make sure you disconnected the battery before pulling the seats out?
      02-09-2021, 08:30 PM   #3
Spark365
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
Did you swap the under seat control boxes also? If they're both manual, it should be easy to do and it'll basically think you have the original seats in. Also did you make sure you disconnected the battery before pulling the seats out?
What do you mean by the seat control? You mean the black box ? Or the yellow connector? Because no I didn't. But I made sure to disconnect the battery.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 08:57 PM   #4
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark365 View Post
What do you mean by the seat control? You mean the black box ? Or the yellow connector? Because no I didn't. But I made sure to disconnect the battery.
I’d swap the whole box that’s mounted under the seat. IIRC, mine was yellow but I could be wrong. Your car could be looking for modules that aren’t there in the seats you put in but the airbags themselves are all the same as far as I know.

Either that or your new seats might need to be coded to match VINs but if you swap the module from your old seats into the new ones, it should be a simple plug and play.
      02-10-2021, 02:22 PM   #5
Spark365
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark365 View Post
I’d swap the whole box that’s mounted under the seat. IIRC, mine was yellow but I could be wrong. Your car could be looking for modules that aren’t there in the seats you put in but the airbags themselves are all the same as far as I know.

Either that or your new seats might need to be coded to match VINs but if you swap the module from your old seats into the new ones, it should be a simple plug and play.
Well, for no reason codes just disappeared

I guess it's ok now

Thanks anyway!
Appreciate 0