BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-28-2007, 01:54 AM   #23
grant
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1973 Porsche 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32 View Post
weight issues aside, i am a little worried about the headroom in the 1-series. in an e46, my helmet touches the roofliner with the seat all the way down, and i'm six feet even.

perhaps it could be an option if you take european delivery (fingers crossed).
I feel the same way. I'm 6ft but short legs and long torso and I'm always right up to the headliner without a helmet in most sportscars.

Unfortunately, Euro Delivery won't change the options, since the car has to be US-spec...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #24
menotakoala
Future Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: Civic Si Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32 View Post
weight issues aside, i am a little worried about the headroom in the 1-series. in an e46, my helmet touches the roofliner with the seat all the way down, and i'm six feet even.

perhaps it could be an option if you take european delivery (fingers crossed).
But then again, isn't the 135i supposed to be about an inch taller than the E46? Or that's what it seemed like in one of the comparison diagrams I saw here.

As for the sunroof, I don't want it removed for performance or weights sake, I want it gone for headroom sake. I might go as crazy as to do the CF roof swap just for the extra headroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Motor Co.
Dear Joe, unfortunately, our service technicians were unable to reproduce the problem that you mentioned. Therefore, we will be unable to perform any work that you claim is necessary. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 12:29 AM   #25
nickmpower
Rep
Drives:

what about a carbon fiber or aluminum roof with quick release fasteners like they use for attaching body work on race cars? that way you could have a huge sunroof on sunny days. You`d have to get creative with weather stripping though

speaking of deletes anyone know of an idrive delete? wishful thinking...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 02:14 AM   #26
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 335

All BMW's come with sunroofs standard these days except the CF ones on the M's. It is safe to assume it should be no different with the 1er..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 03:49 AM   #27
menotakoala
Future Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: Civic Si Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwzimmer View Post
All BMW's come with sunroofs standard these days except the CF ones on the M's. It is safe to assume it should be no different with the 1er..
Well then, I guess I should start saving up for the CF roof as well. I would like to have more headroom instead. My last car had a sunroof and of the 3 year of owning that car, I can only think of two occasions where I actually used it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Motor Co.
Dear Joe, unfortunately, our service technicians were unable to reproduce the problem that you mentioned. Therefore, we will be unable to perform any work that you claim is necessary. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Appreciate 0