BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #23
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
.. I don't buy in to the whole "not a true 1er" because it's got a lot of options. When it comes down to it, it's STILL a BMW.
Concur

Enthusiasts car? Sure. But it's still a passenger car with good performance potential.

Buy it with all you want/need. Some of the things I included were for convenience and my car will be used primarily as a daily driver. And my daily driver will see speeds far in excess of all 135s being driven in the US.
      04-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #24
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

I had also thought about the premium package stricktly for resale (well not really) and came to a small conclusion. When I am ready to sell this car in 4 years or so it will appeal to a certain market. I believe that market might be 18 year olds wanting a fast first BMW. Without having the Premium package on there it will be a little cheaper for them to buy and would scoop it up quick. I could be TOTALLY wrong, but just my two cents.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #25
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Why buy a car for the next owner? ????? Unless you do something very weird to the car, there will be plenty of buyers. Get what you want and need for yourself. It's your car and you will be the one putting on thousands and thousands of enjoyable miles.
      04-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #26
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

You are correct I wasnt purchasing for the next owner. Thats why I didnt go with premium. didnt really care for all the bells and whistles it had. If I wanted them i would have gone with a new 335xi (the military discount is great!) I was just putting my two cents in. Maybe I should ask for change next time
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #27
Sherifftruman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I would actually want some of the features of the premium pack, (I am already wanting power seats and BMW assist for bluetooth plus the ambient lights, mirrors, etc are nifty from a gadget whore POV) but I don't think I want leather due to how well the leatherette has held up in the MINI and I have my dogs in the car pretty regularly, so I am conflicted.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #28
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

passed on premium
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #29
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

When I first sat in a 135i with manual sport seats I was VERY impressed. I thought the power seats were a waste of $$$. As time went on I also realized I must get leather, its WAY better then the leatherette equipped 328i I sat in at the BMW dealer. Thats the ONLY leatherette equipped car I have sat in, so thats my comparison. I also like the power lumbar option that ONLY comes with the premium package. The bluetooth system is also something I might want. In my last car I had the compass and auto rear mirror, my current car doesn't have it and I realize I really want that now. With the little extra's on the premium package I changed my mind on an option I originally thought was a definate NO. It also comes with BMW assist, which is nice. The extra lighting is also great. It will add to resale value in my opinion, which helps, but I am getting it because I like the idea of all the things you get with it. When driving with the manual sport seats, its almost a hazzard to adjust them, so power seats is now a must for me, plus the last 3 cars I owned had power seats and my current car doesn't. And once again I realize I love power seats.

These are my observations and opinions.

Not leasing and I want the premium pkg.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #30
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

OP, you are leasing - meaning you don't care about resale value.

If I were buying, I'd add the Premium pack as it will definitely make the car easier to sell. But leasing, I'd only get what I want and what I use. Nothing more.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #31
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
When I first sat in a 135i with manual sport seats I was VERY impressed. I thought the power seats were a waste of $$$. As time went on I also realized I must get leather, its WAY better then the leatherette equipped 328i I sat in at the BMW dealer. Thats the ONLY leatherette equipped car I have sat in, so thats my comparison. I also like the power lumbar option that ONLY comes with the premium package. The bluetooth system is also something I might want. In my last car I had the compass and auto rear mirror, my current car doesn't have it and I realize I really want that now. With the little extra's on the premium package I changed my mind on an option I originally thought was a definate NO. It also comes with BMW assist, which is nice. The extra lighting is also great. It will add to resale value in my opinion, which helps, but I am getting it because I like the idea of all the things you get with it. When driving with the manual sport seats, its almost a hazzard to adjust them, so power seats is now a must for me, plus the last 3 cars I owned had power seats and my current car doesn't. And once again I realize I love power seats.

These are my observations and opinions.

Not leasing and I want the premium pkg.
Good choice

When I was first optioning out my 135i I said NO way to premium at all. MY CA did try to sell me on leather seats and I thought that I wouldn't want them.

However, I realized that while in Europe, having the compass in the mirror will be nice (unless my GPS shows which direction you're currently heading).

Lumbar support will be really nice because of my back.

The puddle lights are cool, but I wouldn't have gotten the package just for them. It's more like an added bonus.

BMW Assist will be great, however I already have AAA.

Bluetooth will be nice since I went with a manual transmission.

Power seats are really nice, since no one will be riding in the back seat it's not like I'll be folding them forward a lot.

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #32
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post

Bluetooth will be nice since I went with a manual transmission.

Power seats are really nice, since no one will be riding in the back seat it's not like I'll be folding them forward a lot.
I agree about the Bluetooth, but in California and perhaps other states, the law will require hands-free cell phone use... starting this summer. So, even those with the autotragic trannies will need to go hands-free.

The Power seats have a seatback release mechanism on the top edge of the seat, so the convenience for rear passengers is not sacrificed. Rear passengers can easily reach it too. In fact an additional switch is added on each seat that the both front and rear passengers can reach. When pushed, the entire seat powers forward or backward, providing easier rear access and comfort. Nice touch.