BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #45
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

For you guys who don't know abou the LA times... it's basically worthless, as you can tell by all the recent retraction's they've had to print.
The sports section and the "Fry's" add are about the only reason to read that paper. This article is no exception since he obviously can't get over how "ugly" it is.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #46
GT3
Track addict
Rep
Drives:

The more I see the 1 the more beautiful I think it becomes...in an aggressive and powerful way so to speak. :wink:
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #47
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

With so many positive reviews out there... I always like to look at the "concensus". That tells me more about the truth than any single review.

The concensus on the 1-Series is nothing short of phenomenal. Few cars in automotive history have received such accolades and praise.

Any time an individual review is so very far off the general concensus, it becomes apparent that the author has a grossly distorted perspective, or agenda. This author used the "ugly" word and other negative references to the car's appearance over and over and over again. Instead of making a point, the author was drilling and drilling. This is usually a very good indication of poor journalism, a personal bias or agenda, or a warped and distorted perspective. It's extremism and represents a polarized mentality. Clearly this author is out of touch with reality... as clearly evidenced by a massive collection of more positive reviews.

So, instead of throwing up your breakfast, consider using that LA Times newspaper to light the charcoal for your next barbeque... at least then it would have some redeeming value. Otherwise it's essentially garbage.