BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-05-2021, 07:24 AM   #1
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i E88

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Motiv Reflex

Im posting this because im about to install it. I pulled out jb4 and prometh kit. I also pulled engine trans and diff but thats another story.
Going Reflex for total control, port injection and full flex fuel.
Im going to put the info up off of Motiv's website. And then i will put the whole install here too. I cant install until i get my motor back in and the dme box back together. But i did the preliminary work already.
Info from website:
The MOTIV Re|Flex is an Advanced I/O Integration module allowing a level of precise control of auxiliary components. In addition, the Re|Flex can incorporate external data into the factory DME/ECU in parallel through optional CANbus integration. Utilizing the CANbus option, multiple digital and analog signals can be used by the DME/ECU for safety, data logging, or adaptive tuning features. It is unique in its ability to function as a separate standalone, as well as a parallel module in conjunction with the DME/ECU.

The Re|Flex provides the most accurate and precise supplementary sequential fuel injection with the ability to control other advanced features all in one place. It brings a new level of control, function, and versatility to tuning any modern day vehicle.

Preset crank and cam triggers for most modern-day BMW engines, as well as fully configurable triggers to be synched on any vehicle application. Configurable to operate on 4, 5, 6, and 8-cylinder engines.
3 Point MAP sensor calibration table makes it configurable for almost any MAP or TMAP sensor.
Sequential Port Injection with the ability to sense individual injector failures on 4 to 8-cylinder engines.
Built in Ethanol Content Analyzer. The Re|Flex firmware and XDF’s include ethanol compensation tables to scale properly for varying ethanol % based on real time input from the sensor.
2x Additional Outputs. These outputs have 12x12 resolution tables for control in TunerPro R/T. These can be configured to run as on/off, digital, frequency (25hz), or PID.
Boost Control WGDC
Methanol Solenoid Control PWM (for use with valves such as the Aquamist FAV and the ProMeth Pulse Valve)
Nitrous Solenoid Control PWM
Auxiliary fuel pump relay trigger
2x Inputs
Ethanol Content Sensor
Fuel Pressure Sensor (0-10bar)
Oil Pressure (0-10bar)
Coolant Pressure (0-10bar)
EGBP/EMAP (0-10bar)
CANbus (not required) enabled communication for the transmission and receiving of digital signals for fully DME/ECU integrated control of external modifications. The CANbus communications also allow for data and errors to be transmitted to and from the vehicles engine control computer in order to add safeguards and implement engine trips and fail safes. Logging via OBDII is still fully functional and is not affected at all by the communication with the Re|Flex. Some of the developments underway include:
Error reporting to and from factory ECU for unparalleled safety
Output WGDC by converting a EWG signal to a more conventional DC output for controlling standard 3port and 4port boost solenoids for use with external WG’s
The ability to datalog non factory parameters such as ethanol content, additional pressure sensor, PI IDC, and more!
These features make the Re|Flex the most powerful and safest supplementary and auxiliary controller on the market. However, this is only the beginning. As flash platforms find the need for more accessories to control, the Re|Flex was designed to be updated easily by the end user in order to add functionality as it is developed.

In order to accomodate existing modifications we created a breakout harness to allow people who are already running bluetooth ethanol content analyzers to continue doing so in parallel. The Re|Flex Plug-n-Play Ethanol Sensor Breakout Harness is required to do so. The following diagram shows how it is installed so that the Re|Flex AND a bluetooth analyzer can be used simultaneously
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 07:28 AM   #2
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
first thing i did was build a dual bucketed pump. Bought pumps separately (450/274 for primary and 525 for secondary) then got a PFS diy bucket and hobbs harness. Installed this a few weeks ago
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 07:38 AM   #3
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Next i got a black market parts port injection manifold w 750 injectors.
Then i got the stuff to make my own -an lines and i went 6an from tank to a 6 micron inline filter and ethanol sensor then up to the bmp port fuel line adapter which goes into the hpfp. Btw there is a little filter in the nozzle of the hpfp. I pulled it out as the inline filter takes care of that now.
I also added a breakout cable to plug in the flex fuel box . once i install everything i will add some pics. I have to tie into several wires in the dme. This is not a piggyback it becomes part of your dme. Then im also getting a full flex fuel tune through motiv as well
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 09:40 PM   #4
basinillero
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i e92 2007 n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro135 View Post
Next i got a black market parts port injection manifold w 750 injectors.
Then i got the stuff to make my own -an lines and i went 6an from tank to a 6 micron inline filter and ethanol sensor then up to the bmp port fuel line adapter which goes into the hpfp. Btw there is a little filter in the nozzle of the hpfp. I pulled it out as the inline filter takes care of that now.
I also added a breakout cable to plug in the flex fuel box . once i install everything i will add some pics. I have to tie into several wires in the dme. This is not a piggyback it becomes part of your dme. Then im also getting a full flex fuel tune through motiv as well
Can you post pictures of how the wiring is done for the mac solenoid going into the reflex, and also how the wiring goes for the reglex to control/activate the secondary in tank fuel pump instead of the hobbs switch. Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0