BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #89
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Originally Posted by swimfreak
Honestly??? Wow, utterly astounding! I mean, how come people continue to use the phrase "high rate of speed" incorrectly? Dumbfounding!

Speed is, itself, a rate of change over distance. Therefore "high rate of speed" is actually talking about acceleration, and not speed at all.

Stupid idiosyncrasies perpetuated by tv and media personalities who have no idea what they are saying, but think it sounds cool.

Actually, average speed is calculated by gauging an object's change of position (distance traveled) over time...not "rate of change over distance". Objects that change their position by a large distance in a small period of time can factually be said to have a higher rate of speed than objects that change their position by a small distance over a long period of time.

Acceleration is a change in velocity (speed and/or direction) over time.

Don't blame tv and media personalities for perpatuating inaccuracies about what speed is...just keep writing more posts, you're doing a great job by yourself.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 06:45 AM   #90
JDM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Nice times! It's good to see
the capability with LC and Dr's. Akash and I ran 11.2 and 11.6 on streets and no LC.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #91
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated M Roadster View Post
Every employee at any BMW dealer has at one point seen what a new BMW can do. Should they all be fired? Should the owner of every store who drives his demo one time at full throttle give up his dealership? It's a CAR. It doesn't have feelings, who cares... And you aren't entitled to do business with any dealership; maybe they should just refuse you service. You guys have no idea what goes on at dealerships and the one time you see any hint, you all start crying about it.
just because they can beat on customers cars, doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean they should. Sure its just a car, but its the principal of the matter.

I think the mentality that its ok to let dealerships rag on customers cars is just wrong. I wish dealership management would take a tougher stance on it, but sadly it will likely never happen and things like this will continue to occur.

At least the owner got his money back. And another successful story was when Autobahn BMW in Ft Worth Texas ragged and totaled a customers car (just for an oil change), dealer lied about it/didn't do the right thing, etc, the owner took them to court, and won.

Details here:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...ry-result.html
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 11-27-2011 at 09:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #92
Prophizee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTR, 2014 x1 3.5 Msport

Congrats man she is beautiful. Enjoy it in good health and happiness. What a way to close out the long weekend... So what you do this weekend... Ummm nothing thursday I ate turkey fri I went shopping and oh yeah I forgot sat I picked up a 2011 BMW m3 coupe how was your break lol Hahahhaha
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #93
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Point is, get your car the day it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #94
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I tried 46 times to pronounce their names in my head. I gave up.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #95
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
Even though I understand your reasoning; a high rate speed is indeed a correct statement. Since speed is a ratio for example of 50km/hour, 200km/hour is a higher rate of speed than 50km/hour
No it isn't. It is simply nonsense. Something has a high speed (or of course, it does not ;-) ). A "high rate of speed" doesn't mean anything - at best one could try to argue that the "rate" is superflous, but in reality it is just incorrect.

Consider this. You could say that water being pumped through a pipe has a high rate of flow, although you would normally say it has a high flow rate. You'd never say a car has a high speed of flow.
      11-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #96
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
maybe theyll learn their lesson now
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #97
mo335is
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is coupe 6mt

I dont personally think its right to drive a car that isnt yours like that..but in their defense, I dont think they drove it that hard.. no burnouts or drifts
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #98
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep
Drives: SOLD: 2002 BMW M3, 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Based on the video of the joy ride and as someone with an extensive automotive engineering background I would say that the joy ride actually helped break the car in properly, and in no way would be deterimental to the car.

The whole public reaction to this I think really shows just how little people know about their cars and how much of their reactions are based on paranoid uninformed assumptions.

While I potentially agree with the wreckless driving charge depending on how fast they were going, I think everything else is totally ridiculous.

Absolutely. As someone that works at the dealer, I assure you that it's quite possible for the managers and sales team not to find out about something like this.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #99
Tattedtwice
Private
Rep
Drives: 2 doors, 4 wheels

Any and all of you retards that think the little fuckers did no wrong should put up or shut up; invite them over, hand over the keys to your cars and tell them to have at it. See how you feel about them then.

They were absolutely wrong and deserve everything they have coming. I hate this youtube/facebook generation with their silly ass stunts meant to entertain their 'audience'. Maybe when enough of these dumb fucks lose everything it will finally sink in that they need to grow up and stop acting like baboons.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #100
G2G
Sold: E46 330CI, E90 320dA with 270000km
Austria
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2015 BMW 118d  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR013 View Post
First 1M I saw on the road. Still had its protective shipping material stuck on it and was being driven a couple of miles away from the nearest dealer. No doubt it was the lot driver takin it out for a spin.
I'm willing to bet this happens a lot to one extent or another. You won't ever be able to completely stop it. Price of driving hot cars.
Fortunately this cant happen in Austria or CH because you cant take the car out on the street unless it has the owners number plates on.....
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #101
E39hijinks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Lexus

Doesn't surprise me with 1) Them being from Glendale and 2) their names ending with "ian." You can find them in hordes at your local Glendale starbucks or coffee bean in their blacked-out BMWs/Mercedes. (leased by their parents or some other scam of course)

i'm glad justice was served. They probably thought their behavior was "OKAY" because they "worked for BMW"
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #102
Fatal Flash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2/i8/M3 GTS3/335is/KTM390 Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Pacific BMW should be charged for defrauding customer trying to sell this joy ridden vehicle as prestine and new. For those of us who know better its likely they will push the blame unto lowest level employees just as they have done here.
what a dumb liberal comment to make...It's the employees' fault for taking the car. End of story. Pacific already lost customers due to the whole ordeal as it is
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #103
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Flash View Post
what a dumb liberal comment to make...It's the employees' fault for taking the car. End of story. Pacific already lost customers due to the whole ordeal as it is
good, i'm glad they lost customers.

So a company shouldn't be responsible for its employees? What ever happened to accountability? So what if it was just the employee, it shouldn't stop there. Seriously, what kind of business model is that, ragging on customers cars?

Read this story and see what i'm talking about:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...ry-result.html

This obviously isn't the first time that this happened, and as others have mentioned, happens all the time across many dealers.

Is it right for them to turn a blind eye to rag on a car? And if they didn't know about it, they are either stupid and aloof, or have poor management and don't know what goes on in their own company.

But seriously, still trying to sell the car for $84,000? lol

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 11-28-2011 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #104
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Flash View Post
what a dumb conservative comment. The idiots worked for BMW. BMW hired them, and management was aware of the situation; as a result, they were accountable/responsible for their employees' actions.

I'm very glad they lost customers, that dealer should get hit by a meteor and call it a day!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #105
Etorres562
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M-DD

yahoo front page....

http://beta.local.yahoo.com/news-gle...rfaces-youtube
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #106
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

glad something is being done about this! Is the owner gonna get some compansation for this as well?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 05:31 AM   #107
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
glad something is being done about this! Is the owner gonna get some compansation for this as well?
I believe the dealer took the car back and the owner got his money back.

He isn't allowed to disclose the full terms though.

There is a thread about this in this forum, here:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=581727

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 11-29-2011 at 06:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #108
Lamboo
Rep
Drives: E39 M5, 981 GT4

These kids have done absolutely nothing to the car, this whole thing is blown out of proportion because the owner (who has driven the shit out of this car, or should have) is trying to get a new 1M for a little cheaper. All this is doing is ruining the reputation of the dealership and could cost many people's jobs.
I once worked at a VW dealership and during my interview the manager him self told me that when they drove the GTI's to other dealers they would give'r at the lights.
My point being, it's hard to find a sexy virgin nowadays so settle for the experienced ones.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #109
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamboo View Post
These kids have done absolutely nothing to the car, this whole thing is blown out of proportion because the owner (who has driven the shit out of this car, or should have) is trying to get a new 1M for a little cheaper. All this is doing is ruining the reputation of the dealership and could cost many people's jobs.
I once worked at a VW dealership and during my interview the manager him self told me that when they drove the GTI's to other dealers they would give'r at the lights.
My point being, it's hard to find a sexy virgin nowadays so settle for the experienced ones.
good, i'm glad the dealers reputation is going down.

so by your logic, just because it happens all the time to rag on cars in dealer lots, makes it right? This mentality from you, and others that have posted along the same lines really boggles me. Its like saying, I know its the wrong thing to do, but it happens all the time, so then it must be ok then because others are doing it.

Sure it's just a car, and the car will likely not be damaged at all...but its just the principal of the matter, good business practices, and ethics. Not to mention the fact that "joy riding" in public streets can also be a safety issue.

Not saying I or the internet masses can really affect change, but it is good for public awareness to know how employees act, or in this case, have acted at certain dealerships so future customers can be cautious and make informed decisions. People pay top dollar to by BMW, and in some cases way over MSRP.
Shouldn't they expect good customer service in return, as in a car that is not taken out for a joy ride, regardless if it does no damage to the car?

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 11-29-2011 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #110
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39hijinks View Post
Doesn't surprise me with 1) Them being from Glendale and 2) their names ending with "ian." You can find them in hordes at your local Glendale starbucks or coffee bean in their blacked-out BMWs/Mercedes. (leased by their parents or some other scam of course)

i'm glad justice was served. They probably thought their behavior was "OKAY" because they "worked for BMW"
Just a little racist?
Appreciate 0