BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
anopendimension
Rep
Drives:

Crimson Red coming to Vancity

Hey,

Long time reader first time poster :smile: I've been avoiding posting for the longest time because I feel it would just help feed my addiction and lead me into withdrawal before my 135i arrived. But, it's getting close! Ordered my 135i March 15th, after changing the color 4 times. Ended up going with Crimson Red on Black Leather, loved this color combo - especially after looking at Sedona.

Anyone else roaming around Vancouver in a Crimson Red 135i? Either way, +1 to Vancity coming soon! I live out in Maple Ridge, but work downtown.. not sure how many 135i owners out in the eastern suburbs. The wait is KILLING ME! Called the SA, they said that they are expecting the ride at Annacis Island on May 26th and are pushing for end of month delivery. Think this is possible?? I would love to have the car by the 31st as I'm doing a trip down to Seattle, would be perfect.. but it's gunna be tight.

Timeline:
March 15th - Placed Order
April 14th - Shipping Booked
April 21st - Received at Terminal (Bremerhaven)
April 24th - Loaded on Vessel FIDELIO
May 6th - Discharged in Halifax!
... since then, enroute Rail
May 26th - Expected at VPC, Annacis Island
May 31st - Hopeful delivery!

Of course, I will post tons of pix once I get it. Looking at doing the Dinan upgrade too, any updates if version 2 of the ECU flash is available yet?

Cheers!
6 Speed MT
M Sport Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound

The kid-in-a-candy-store look when stepping into the 135i for the first time: Priceless
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

Congrats. I'm out in Coquitlam. There is a definite chance you'll get it by the end of month if it does hit Annacis on the 26th. There's only so much room down there so they have to move the cars out pretty frequently.

My car is still waiting for a boat even though it was done a couple weeks ago so it's killing me.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
anopendimension
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
Congrats. I'm out in Coquitlam. There is a definite chance you'll get it by the end of month if it does hit Annacis on the 26th. There's only so much room down there so they have to move the cars out pretty frequently.

My car is still waiting for a boat even though it was done a couple weeks ago so it's killing me.
Sweet, yea as long as there are no problems hopefully it can go smoothly.

Don't worry so much about the boat unless you have other intel, I was checking frequently and when they finally did update the status on the website for the vessel, it was around 10 days after it had actually been loaded on.. just really delayed updating their stats.

I'm stoked! I've actually only seen one out on the road here around a month ago, but I know there are more cruising around from reading this forum =)
6 Speed MT
M Sport Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound

The kid-in-a-candy-store look when stepping into the 135i for the first time: Priceless
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

There is one black 128i vert in Coquitlam I've seen so far. I've also seen a SGM 135i coupe and a Cashmere Silver 128i vert in Vancouver.

Thanks for the info about the vessel. It was killing me. I have emailed my CA to see what the status is. He usually has pretty accurate intel.

Have fun driving yours around when you get it. It appears the good weather is going to stay.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
anopendimension
Rep
Drives:

Just got the call today! Picking it up at 2:30pm Just in time, last minute ... doing a road trip to Seattle today!! Kickass, couldn't be better. Will post tons of pics when I get back and she's a little warmed up :wink:
6 Speed MT
M Sport Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
Kiety
The ONE
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Cabriolet

congrats!! post pics of your road trip!

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #7
koala
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW M Coupe

Congrats, have fun!

Watch out for the state troopers south of Bellingham!
      06-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #8
1ATTIC
Private
Rep
Drives:

How's the Ride?

Congrats on your new ride!! You must have had a blast going down to Seattle.

Remember the break-in tho.........:headbang:
Premium Sound
Moonlight Black Soft Top
Steptronic
Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
anopendimension
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ATTIC View Post
Congrats on your new ride!! You must have had a blast going down to Seattle.

Remember the break-in tho.........:headbang:
Thanks! Yeah, Seattle was awesome... pulled an all nighter there (DJ Tiesto). LOVING the new ride!! I havn't had a chance to do a good photoshoot yet, waiting for some good weather and then the pics will start streaming in. Just getting used to all the features, but I've had a hell of a time with it :thumbup: Fuq yea. The break-in period *is* very tough, but I'm managing.. been driving a lot already, so it's getting closer!
6 Speed MT
M Sport Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound

Appreciate 0