BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-27-2008, 06:34 AM   #23
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
And so the mystery of the cup holder continues...<shrugs>

Thanks TagMan. The glacier trim will be fine, but it's just torture to open up the "1 Series Driver's Reference Guide" in the manuals and see on page 4 & 5 that beautiful brushed aluminum. THAT'S what I wanted and looks amazing. I may inquire into the possibility of getting it as i know the european 1's have it. Then I could die a happy man. And if I do die anytime soon, might as well just have them bury me in that car. Entomb me in there and send me on my merry way. =)
Greg, if you really want that brushed trim, then you should indeed try to get it and swap it out with the Glacier. Even a VW Rabbit has that brushed trim, as it's common... unlike the Glacier, which is unique. I'll be surprised if you don't really like it after spending time with it, and after your friends tell you how cool it looks.

I hope the seats work out for you. For me, it's been a problem because the standard seats got to be very comfortable, but are lacking in support during "spirited" driving.

Sounds like you got super lucky with that mystery cupholder you didn't want. Again, good luck, congratulations, and keep us all posted on your progress with the seats and trim.

Hope to see pics soon... hint, hint. ;-)
      04-27-2008, 06:40 AM   #24
Kiety
The ONE
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Cabriolet

do you like carbon fiber ? if so you can swap out for the performance catalogue's carbon fiber trim

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #25
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

I probably won't swap out the trim, but just exploring my options. It's not that I don't like the glacier aluminum, I just like the other one better. Not a huge carbon fiber fan, nor am I of spending $1,000+ on like 4 piees of trim.

As for the seats, we'll see TagMan, your opinion on them is interesting to me because you were the former champion of the non-sport seats. They actually are extremely comfortable and not sure if it's worth the hassle to swap for the sport seats, even if I can. Might be more trouble than it's worth. We'll see. The lateral support isn't THAT important to me because I tend to not push my cars in the turns after a few years ago when I lost control of my car and hit an LA Metro bus head on at 45 mph as my car went head on into oncoming traffic. So, when I push cars laterally, I get this horrible gut feeling/flashback. I still push them a bit, but not as much as most people I'm sure, so I'm all about slight turns and straightline driving.

As for pics, heading to my friend's this morning to take a few, so should have some up by this afternoon. Then, hopefully the huper optik tint tomorrow. Maybe I'll just buy a cheap digital camera. Don't want to just do crappy cell phone pics cause it won't do my baby the justice it deserves. Stay tuned...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #26
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
I probably won't swap out the trim, but just exploring my options. It's not that I don't like the glacier aluminum, I just like the other one better. Not a huge carbon fiber fan, nor am I of spending $1,000+ on like 4 piees of trim.

As for the seats, we'll see TagMan, your opinion on them is interesting to me because you were the former champion of the non-sport seats. They actually are extremely comfortable and not sure if it's worth the hassle to swap for the sport seats, even if I can. Might be more trouble than it's worth. We'll see. The lateral support isn't THAT important to me because I tend to not push my cars in the turns after a few years ago when I lost control of my car and hit an LA Metro bus head on at 45 mph as my car went head on into oncoming traffic. So, when I push cars laterally, I get this horrible gut feeling/flashback. I still push them a bit, but not as much as most people I'm sure, so I'm all about slight turns and straightline driving.

As for pics, heading to my friend's this morning to take a few, so should have some up by this afternoon. Then, hopefully the huper optik tint tomorrow. Maybe I'll just buy a cheap digital camera. Don't want to just do crappy cell phone pics cause it won't do my baby the justice it deserves. Stay tuned...
I sincerely apologize if I, in any way, compromised the decision you would have otherwise made regarding the seats. The standard seats are extremely comfortable as you know, but do not provide quite enough lateral support under hard cornering conditions. Since you, and possibly others, don't drive in a manner that requires that extra lateral support, then it seems you would be quite fine with the comfort of the non-sport seats.

Trim should be what you like the most. You will hopefully have this car for many fun years.

I am glad you survived that accident. Hopefully none of us ever have to go through that.

Good luck with the final "tweaks" on your beautiful car.
      04-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #27
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

No biggee Mr. TagMan on this stuff. I'm pretty hard-headed and do what I want. I seem to be completely bi-polar when it comes to the sports seats, was completely 100% intent on getting them from a guy on here, was pleasantly surprised with the non-sport seats, then sat in the sport seats at the dealer and was like, ow, those hurt, so who knows. For now I'll just enjoy driving it.

I may not do anything with the trim. It's not that I don't like the glacier aluminum, in fact I think it's quite fitting of this car and was the only trim I ever considered. I just may like that brushed aluminum a lil more. We'll see.

Just got back from getting all sorts of fun lil detailing goodies for my new baby and am going to try out a few new things like this meguiar's ultimate quik detailer to use to spray and wipe down the car between washes to make it look all pretty and clean. Expensive though at $9.99 compared to their normal one at $4.99.

TagMan especially, but has anyone used a chrome polish on the trim around the windows?

And finally, here's a crappy cell phone camera pic of the car in the parking lot of target before I get some good, high quality photos in a few hours. (not working, will have to provide link instead)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24937355@N05/2446353552/
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #28
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Nice pic. The 1er looks so good I silver. I use Griots and Zaino products. The metal trim can use the same fine polish and wax that you use on the paint, but don't use your regular product on any plastic trim.

There is an entire section on the website here about detailing. Also if you google about auto detailing you will learn some amazing little tips, tricks, techniques, and shortcuts that are really cool.

Thanks for the reply. I'm off the hook... LOL!
      04-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #29
rektek
Private
Rep
Drives: 135

Congrats Greg! I have the grey fishscale trim also and love it. Very fitting of the car. Wood is too classy for me. The sport seats were a little tight for me at first, but now they are like a glove.

The first 1 I drove was an auto sans idrive and it had the cupholder. My sport package did not come with it.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #30
Yes2m3cs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS 2016 M4

Congrats man!

Greg,

Did you ever end up going with leasecompare.com? My SA just told me that my car is on a ship already so I have to get my lease paperwork going. I think I am still going with leasecompare and was just wondering if you had a good experience.

Enjoy the new ride man

Brian
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #31
40-n-8
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 993 911 View Post
I have the sport package and no cupholder clip, that is on iDrive cars only.
Me too...sport package + no iDrive = no clip-on cupholder.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #32
Pure BMW
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

I ordered Premium Package, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, (No Idrive) took deliver 2 weeks ago and my car HAS the removable cup holder clip.
Appreciate 0