BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-01-2015, 10:14 AM   #1
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

My 'New-to-Me' VO 1M [Update 4/3]

Update #1

Just picked the 1M up from Unique Car Care. Had the tints removed, a full detail (incl. multi-stage polish), custom (i.e. not pre-cut) Xpel Ultimate PPF installed (front bumper, front fenders, headlights, hood, rockers, a-pillars, leading edge of the roof, and rear fender patches), OptiCoat on the wheels and full coat of CQuartz on the rest of the car (incl. PPF). The car was well taken care of by the previous owner and looked good when it arrived... but UCC really brought it back to showroom new. If you're remotely local- I can't recommend UCC enough. Their combination of expertise (the owner, Rick, is a perfectionist and a car nut) and quality products (Xpel while pricey, is much better than the less expensive substitutes) is unmatched. Pictures tell the story (they're completely unedited), I couldn't be happier.

Update #2 will be more on this process (I asked UCC to document for me) and the installation of my new steering wheel. Stay tuned.

Original Post
Purchased this VO no-nav 1M from jalucianil (see here). Car has ~15.5k miles on it and has spent the bulk of it's life in FL in very caring hands!

Not my first M (most recent was an E92 M3)... but certainly the one I'm most excited to get to know.

Looking forward to some better weather (here in RI)... in the meantime, delivery pics:

And no- it won't be driven in the snow! That's what my X3 is for...

Last edited by Roundown; 04-03-2015 at 09:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2015, 10:33 AM   #2
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Congrats on your new ride.

You may not realize it but the VO is the fastest of the three colors...
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocan View Post
Congrats on your new ride.

You may not realize it but the VO is the fastest of the three colors...
Thanks!

so I've read...so I've read... I imagine the VO-benefit starts to compound when you account for the weight savings of not having to lug around a nav, as well.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 12:20 PM   #4
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf
Purchased this VO no-nav 1M from jalucianil (see here). Car has ~15.5k miles on it and has spent the bulk of it's life in FL in very caring hands!

Not my first M (most recent was an E92 M3)... but certainly the one I'm most excited to get to know.

Looking forward to some better weather (here in RI)... in the meantime, delivery pics:

And no- it won't be driven in the snow! That's what my X3 is for...

Congrats! I would have jumped on that one if it was closer. Very clean with good history.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #5
Shroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M, 2012 X5M, AMG E 63 S Wagon

YEAH! That looks like a very clear car! Sounds like he really took care of it from the get go..very important! The clear bra is already on so your set. Miles are perfect and low. I'm pumped for you. the 1M is so unreal I'm still blown away at how fun it is! An X3 and a 1M is perfect combo..I'm running almost the same set up except with and X5.
Looking at that snow makes me want to move to Boise Id. Would be fun to have that season.

Way to go!
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #6
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroom View Post
YEAH! That looks like a very clear car! Sounds like he really took care of it from the get go..very important! The clear bra is already on so your set. Miles are perfect and low. I'm pumped for you. the 1M is so unreal I'm still blown away at how fun it is! An X3 and a 1M is perfect combo..I'm running almost the same set up except with and X5.
Looking at that snow makes me want to move to Boise Id. Would be fun to have that season.

Way to go!
Thanks- I'm quite pleased. Seller is a stand-up guy and true enthusiast. Car seems to have been as well cared for as I could ask for. It'll be getting some TLC at my local dealer this week (if any has anyone recommendations on preventative maintenance, please share)... then I wait for spring :/

X5M must be a lot of fun in snow. My X3 xDrive35i is reasonably quick and I prefer how it handles over the '14 F15 X5 it replaced. I ordered it with a staggered set of P-Zeros, so I ordered a set of square O.Z. Supertourismos (that I plasti-dipped black... half for looks/half to protect the wheels form salt) with Dunlop Winter Sport 3Ds. So far so good. Here's the companion 'rear' shot to the one I posted above.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 01:28 PM   #7
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
fantastic!!! the excitement never goes away! you are going to love it. just drive the hell out of it!
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #8
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

You won't regret it. Drive it in good health.
      03-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #9
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
Thanks!

so I've read...so I've read... I imagine the VO-benefit starts to compound when you account for the weight savings of not having to lug around a nav, as well.

The VO stripper version will turn out to be the most collectable so double congrats! Nice specimen too

Overhere we can't get enough of first drive reports, so looking forward to those.
Appreciate 2
      03-01-2015, 04:43 PM   #10
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Congrats & Welcome to 1Addicts!
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2015, 04:50 PM   #11
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

Congrats and welcome!!!

Long live VO !!!!!
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2015, 05:01 PM   #12
EldRick
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M VO - #161 US

Quote:
The VO stripper version will turn out to be the most collectable...
I agree. I wish mine didn't have the offal navigation system and display.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2015, 06:21 PM   #13
vasmir
eh
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 M, 2016 F25

Congrats! Very clean.

We need to get the other Rhode Island 1M owners together for a group ride sometime...
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #14
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I wish mine still looked that good . . . the perils of daily driving . . .
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2015, 08:17 PM   #15
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
fantastic!!! the excitement never goes away! you are going to love it. just drive the hell out of it!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
You won't regret it. Drive it in good health.
Thank you, you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Congrats & Welcome to 1Addicts!
Thanks Dackelone. I am long time 1addicts lurker and active member of a few other forums on this board... so I'm familiar with the quality of your contributions. I look forward to getting to know you and the rest of the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
The VO stripper version will turn out to be the most collectable so double congrats! Nice specimen too

Overhere we can't get enough of first drive reports, so looking forward to those.
Agreed- I was planning on waiting a few months... but I couldn't let this 1M go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasmir View Post
Congrats! Very clean.

We need to get the other Rhode Island 1M owners together for a group ride sometime...
Absolutely- There will be a few Cars and Coffee events this spring and of course, the excellent Boston CCA HPDE calendar (jury is out on whether I'll be participating in the 1M).
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 11:04 PM   #16
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

Congrats on the purchase ! Enjoy it in good health .
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #17
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Awesome, seems like the car found its way back up north!! I almost purchased this 1M in August before deciding to pull the trigger on my M3. Car looks great, and the previous owner was always transparent with information and always eager to talk about cars. Best of luck with it!!
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2015, 10:51 AM   #18
Ringer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ms

Congratulations and welcome! It looks fantastic.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #19
ThereCanBeOnly1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lame family vehicle

If I had gotten my affairs in order a bit faster, that very car would be mine. Now I don't know where I'll find another. Well done, sir. How did you ship it, out of curiosity?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 09:18 AM   #20
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1
If I had gotten my affairs in order a bit faster, that very car would be mine. Now I don't know where I'll find another. Well done, sir. How did you ship it, out of curiosity?
Thank you! And sorry (but not really sorry)

I had it shipped by Intercity Lines. They are one-way, enclosed transport of mostly high-end vehicles. It wasn't cheap (cost me $1300 + a generous tip) to get it here from FL... but I didn't have to worry about the car being delivered to a staging pen, where it would sit out in the elements until being reloaded (or driven for kicks) on to a truck headed my way (as is the case for less expensive shipping companies).

Intercity was extremely flexible with pick up and the driver- Roger- was easy to get a hold of and updated me along the way, every day.

Highly recommend.

There are a couple more VO, no-NAV cars out there. There was a great example in GA- but it looks like it was snapped up.

Here's a CPO example in TX (albeit with higher miles): http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/177C4636

And another that I looked at in LA- I did some sleuthing on this one and it checked out... They own it cheap, but don't have a v deep local market, so they're pretty motivated to move it... I'd give it a hard look and recommend having your own PPI done to confirm it wasn't exposed to any of the flooding the area saw in 2013-13. http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/175B66A1

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 09:25 AM   #21
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor///M
Awesome, seems like the car found its way back up north!! I almost purchased this 1M in August before deciding to pull the trigger on my M3. Car looks great, and the previous owner was always transparent with information and always eager to talk about cars. Best of luck with it!!
Agreed- as you know, the car isn't showroom perfect (small curb rash, a tiny chip here or there and the underside of the front bumper -like many 1Ms- needed some TLC). But that's OK with me- too perfect, at this mileage, and I would be suspicious.

More importantly- it had all its major services, between-interval oil changes, wrapped nearly head-to-toe in PPF and was owned by a car guy... it checked all of my major criteria!

The seller's honestly was critical- definitely glad this was a private sale and not a blind dealer purchase.

What M3 did you pick up (former 13' SG E92 comp owner).
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 09:56 AM   #22
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
Agreed- as you know, the car isn't showroom perfect (small curb rash, a tiny chip here or there and the underside of the front bumper -like many 1Ms- needed some TLC). But that's OK with me- too perfect, at this mileage, and I would be suspicious.

More importantly- it had all its major services, between-interval oil changes, wrapped nearly head-to-toe in PPF and was owned by a car guy... it checked all of my major criteria!

The seller's honestly was critical- definitely glad this was a private sale and not a blind dealer purchase.

What M3 did you pick up (former 13' SG E92 comp owner).
See my sig! I had a brief comment on the 1M in my order documentation thread, but prices may have fell since then (to your benefit).
Appreciate 0