BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Kudeltman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

B.L.U. Super Hyper White LED Angel Eye bulb Review

Alright, so I picked up these angel eye bulbs from **********s. They are really nice and definitely give the car the look I was going for.

They are clearly visable during the day (outer ring a little less, but expected).

I originally got an "adaptive headlight" error, but turns out that was due to me not securing the inverter? in headlight assembly and it got in the way of the adaptive headlights, preventing them from moving. However, once I moved it then its been fine with no errors.

On to the pictures: Note, all these were just taken with my iPhone so they dont really do the bulbs justice. Ill try and get a better camera sometime and take more.

This is a stock vs new LED bulb picture. The color looks a little off in this picture, not sure why, and the outer ring doesnt look very lit, but take a look at the second picture for a more accurate representation of the color and intensity.

This picture probably is the best for showing the true color and intensity of the bulbs.

Here is an outside picture, again this is at a bad angle...its so hard to capture the accuracy of them on a camera. This picture also seems to show that inner rings are brighter near the bottom, but this isnt true.

Overall Im really happy with them and it was a very easy install.

Last edited by Kudeltman; 02-12-2010 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Not bad at all. It looks a little green/yellow though. Maybe that is the camera or lighting?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Kudeltman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Not bad at all. It looks a little green/yellow though. Maybe that is the camera or lighting?
Ya, definitely the iPhone camera quality or something. They are bright white, 7000k. The second pic is pretty accurate I think.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

The uniformity of the ring has nothing to do with the product itself and has to do with the way BMW has designed the angel eyes for the 1 Series. The Inner rings are designed to reflect the light to the outer ring hence why you see a difference in uniformity. You can play with this a little by adjusting how the ring sits in the actual headlight housing. The Angel Eyes look great on your car and I hope your happy with them!
Appreciate 0