BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

07-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

another reason why Tischer BMW is the one stop shop for parts in DC area

So I needed to buy a little plastic push pin that fell off the undertray of my car. I went on Tischer's webpage to confirm the price. (23 cents/ 18 cents with free shipping if added to larger orders).

I called BMW of Arlington (Crystal city area) and ask them if they carry it, they quoted me. $1.70. . So I asked if they can price match, and they said only if I bring them an pricing invoice sheet from a competitor. So I called Tischer got them to fax me the pricing for the part and I took it in to Arlington BMW. I asked for the part, they quoted me $1.70, I gave the the sheet and asked if they can do it for 23 cents. They refused to budge at any price.

I told them, you basically lost a customer for life for parts. I was hoping that as long as they matched prices with Tischer, I can go there from now on to get the best price in town. Now I have to drive 30 mins to go get parts.

What irks me is:
1. They told me they'll match if I brought in the competition's invoice which I did, they they still turned it down.
2. it's a f#$Q@ing 23 cent part, when I was in Ohio, the local dealer there was about to give it to me for free, but they didn't have the part in stock. They don't understand, Free minor parts = happy, returning customers.
3. They seriously need to make 800% markup on a part? You think I'll buy other stuff from them ever again and think I'm getting a reasonable deal?

Last edited by mdosu; 08-01-2010 at 09:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
Chest Rockwell
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

It seems to be a running theme of horrible service here in the DC area. If you want good service it seems you need to head out west, I can't wait to get out of this area.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
301Bimmer9
It's Playtime
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

OP, I can't believe Arlington gave you problems with the pricing. I was going to order my car from them so I could use BMW Select financing (not available in MD). I ended up getting the car from Tischer which has been great to me so far.

It seems like most people in the DC area use Passport or Fairfax. My friend lives up in Montgomery County near me and drives to Fairfax because he loves the service. I heard VOB is horrible but I've only worked with them through email so I can't really confirm.
      08-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
M3ltdown
Master Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB

Pickup at Tischer is only worth it for us NOVA members if you're buying big/$$$ items. Otherwise, the amount of gas going to Tischer is not worth it, especially for a $1.70 price. Shitty part on Arlington though.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #5
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
DoNDoN
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW

Tischer will always have my business even though I live in NoVA.
      08-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 301Bimmer9 View Post
OP, I can't believe Arlington gave you problems with the pricing. I was going to order my car from them so I could use BMW Select financing (not available in MD). I ended up getting the car from Tischer which has been great to me so far.

It seems like most people in the DC area use Passport or Fairfax. My friend lives up in Montgomery County near me and drives to Fairfax because he loves the service. I heard VOB is horrible but I've only worked with them through email so I can't really confirm.

Currently in a service related battle with them right now. Plan on going elsewhere in the future, most likely Tischer.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
DoNDoN
Colonel
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Currently in a service related battle with them right now. Plan on going elsewhere in the future, most likely Tischer.
Who is you SA?
      08-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #9
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNDoN View Post
Who is you SA?
Roberto Gouveia

Had been dealing with him for the past five years and had no problems, but trouble started last year after my 1,200 miles service when the tech pinched my oil filter gasket resulting in a puddle of oil on my garage floor. Not the SA's fault but the issue now involves my wife's X3 and a mysteriously busted front strut. Car went in for a tensioner replacement and arrived home with a leaking strut. SA didn't seem at all interested in trying to figure out what happened, rather he just blamed my wife, saying she must have hit something. That comment really set me off.

After VOB received my service experience email they suddenly wanted to come and get the car and cover the repairs to fix the strut. That was more than two weeks ago and they still haven't come to get the car. One excuse after another.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #10
301Bimmer9
It's Playtime
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Roberto Gouveia

Had been dealing with him for the past five years and had no problems, but trouble started last year after my 1,200 miles service when the tech pinched my oil filter gasket resulting in a puddle of oil on my garage floor. Not the SA's fault but the issue now involves my wife's X3 and a mysteriously busted front strut. Car went in for a tensioner replacement and arrived home with a leaking strut. SA didn't seem at all interested in trying to figure out what happened, rather he just blamed my wife, saying she must have hit something. That comment really set me off.

After VOB received my service experience email they suddenly wanted to come and get the car and cover the repairs to fix the strut. That was more than two weeks ago and they still haven't come to get the car. One excuse after another.
That's rough, VOB rubbed me the wrong way when they tried to act like my money wasn't good there. I guess it was a blessing in disguise. I hope everything works out man.
      08-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #11
DoNDoN
Colonel
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
Roberto Gouveia

I have heard horror stories of cars getting abused by VOB. One of my friends used to take his car and his families car to VOB but they crashed his dad's 7 series into a wall and that was the end of getting serviced there.
      08-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have heard horror stories of cars getting abused by VOB. One of my friends used to take his car and his families car to VOB but they crashed his dad's 7 series into a wall and that was the end of getting serviced there.
Yeah, unfortunately I also had heard some stories but I have always had good sales experiences there so I kept going back for service. Stupid of me not to differentiate the two.

Maybe he (SA) was having a bad day, but I'll only give you one chance to fuck me over and then I'll go elsewhere.

Happy trails!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #13
DoNDoN
Colonel
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately I also had heard some stories but I have always had good sales experiences there so I kept going back for service. Stupid of me not to differentiate the two.

Maybe he (SA) was having a bad day, but I'll only give you one chance to fuck me over and then I'll go elsewhere.

Happy trails!
If you go to VOB for service try talking to Bogdan. He is a SA and he is one of the most knowledgeable car nut that I have ever met.
      08-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #14
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

by the way, Arlington BMW is about to move from their Crystal city location, which is currently a great location. it'll be in the Eisenhower Ave/Van Dorn metro area. From what they told me it will not be metro accessible. So my future service will be at Tischer who'll over drop off service.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #15
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin316 View Post
Pickup at Tischer is only worth it for us NOVA members if you're buying big/$$$ items. Otherwise, the amount of gas going to Tischer is not worth it, especially for a $1.70 price. Shitty part on Arlington though.
I know, that's what I'm saying. I'm not using a gallon of gas to get a 23 cent part, so i ordered it online with other stuff I needed.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #16
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
by the way, Arlington BMW is about to move from their Crystal city location, which is currently a great location. it'll be in the Eisenhower Ave/Van Dorn metro area. From what they told me it will not be metro accessible. So my future service will be at Tischer who'll over drop off service.
the place they are moving to is currently a former Olds dealership and currently going through renovation. It will be a better place and Blue line Van Dorn Metro is few blocks down the road.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 06:11 AM   #17
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you go to VOB for service try talking to Bogdan. He is a SA and he is one of the most knowledgeable car nut that I have ever met.
Thanks Don, I'll keep that in mind.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #18
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Tischer Rocks! I love getting stuff from them. Top notch shop.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #19
Shieldze1025
Keepin' America Free
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Tischer is A+ for parts and my service there has been great also. Fairfax has never been good for me and I have a few friends who also left there (They do have a reallllyyy cute shop assistant though lol). I use Sterling and they have been great.

I tried all three to get my own impression of each dealer after reading reviews on here. Sterling has been the best by far. Shawn Peace is an awesome SA and goes out of his way to make sure you get taken care of. Tischer was good but it is too far out of the way for me, but I would still buy all my parts from them.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"
-Mario Andretti
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #20
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

^Sterling is good for service?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #21
Shieldze1025
Keepin' America Free
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Yea man it's been great for me so far. I've always gotten a loaner with no problems (never got one at the other places), and everything has been very personal and professional.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"
-Mario Andretti
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 09:34 PM   #22
Emax13
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3

So how is their M specific service? It would be worth the trip to get some work done. I'll need a valve adjustment next year and it seems like all the NoVa/DC/MD dealers suck.