BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

CCA event: California Speedway June 10th on the ROVAL.

This is not an oval/Nascar course.
It's a BLAST to be flat out on the main straight into NASCAR turn 1 and 2, followed hard braking to turn into the infield road course.
The CCA events are a VERY SAFE way to get out on the track to run our cars where they were meant to be run. There's also classroom time between track sessions. There are 4 run groups depending on how much experience you have driving.

Every car has an instructor and you only pass with a point by. Bone heads will not be tolerated.

https://events.r20.***************.c...e815b014&oseq=

I know many here have not been on track, and this is an excellent opportunity to get your feet wet. There are many vids on youtube if you're interested.
The cost is $320. You can rent a helmet for $10. Lunch is included.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

BMWCCA events are the best for anyone who has never driven on track = great, patient instructors - a ton of BMWs and owners sharing their experience and setup.

Highly Recommend this for all M3 track newbies.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Just got an email from the LA CCA saying this may be the last event they have there.
I know the price is up there with Laguna Seca.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0