BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
melbv
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 135i coupe

Aftermarket parts

hi all... i got my 135i recently, moving from VW previously...
so i am still lurking around the VW forum and came across this thread..
http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread....-parts./page11

this guy is offering to source out aftermarket parts and offering as a local dealer from JCsportline (china)..
i have been reading some of the feedbacks in this forum for their aftermarket parts and seems like there're some mixed reviews..

anyhow... if anyone interested to get some aftermarket parts... you might be interested to check it out...
i might jump on the CF trunk lip and rear diffuser etc....
just sharing what i found over the other forums...

cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
I wasn't impressed with the fitment or quality of the JC sportline diffuser, but lots of people think it's OK for the price.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 03:41 AM   #3
melbv
Private
Rep

i read some post regarding the fitment from their aftermarket stuffs...
since this guy is from melbourne and he said if there's fitment issues, he's happy to refund or source replacement...
thats why his pricing wasnt the cheapest compared to ebay ones...

at least there's someone local to deal with ... i guess...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

A friend bought an e92 Msport "CF" quad diffuser from JCSportline and to put it lightly, it was fking shit.

Firstly, it wasn't CF. It was FRP with maybe some CF laid on top which made it quite heavy. It's about half the size of an E82/88 CF diffuser but it was easily about 3-4 times heavier. It was too short, too thick, too everything wrong you could think about it. The quad pipe slots were uneven in size and on the left one it was touching both sides of the double pipes because it wasn't wide enough. It took about 2 hours of filing of not just the tabs, but the actual entire border of the thing in order to get it to partially 'fit' and even then it was not remotely what I would call an acceptable fit. I'm not even being anal here.

I can't comment on their other pieces though as I haven't seen any. But I personally probably wouldn't get anything from them after that experience. Go eBay. At least you can leave negative feedback so you have some kind of bargaining chip if they send you a crap product. I bought a CF rear diffuser from an eBay vendor and the fitment was not 100% perfect, maybe 8/10. I got a $120 refund back.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
I've got a JC Sportline Diffuser.... I actually got it from Nugget

It fits perfectly on my car but having said that, the guy I gave my old one to is having difficulty fitting it to his car so perhaps there is some variation in the actual BMW rear skirts? Also worth noting is that there are many threads on here about people having to file tabs on this or that diffuser to get them to fit. This one needed none of that...

The JC Sportline is, as mentioned, a thin layer of CF over fibreglass or something but the one I have is quite thin and light. The weave is decent but nothing compared to the BMWP one...

Only complaint I have about mine is that the mesh that all of the eBay companies use is shit.
      05-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post

It fits perfectly on my car but having said that, the guy I gave my old one to is having difficulty fitting it to his car so perhaps there is some variation in the actual BMW rear skirts? Also worth noting is that there are many threads on here about people having to file tabs on this or that diffuser to get them to fit. This one needed none of that...

The JC Sportline is, as mentioned, a thin layer of CF over fibreglass or something but the one I have is quite thin and light. The weave is decent but nothing compared to the BMWP one...

Only complaint I have about mine is that the mesh that all of the eBay companies use is shit.
Glad to hear it fit well for you, must be some variation in the rear skirts as it didn't fit well on my car.
I did also file the tabs and repaint the mesh as the paint was flaking off it when I got it.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #7
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Glad to hear it fit well for you, must be some variation in the rear skirts as it didn't fit well on my car.
I did also file the tabs and repaint the mesh as the paint was flaking off it when I got it.
Yeah... weird that...

I figured you'd redone the mesh but it's not just the paint. If you compare it with the BMWP one you'll see that the OEM one has higher density mesh with thicker strands and a much nicer weave...

I'm actually trying to find something I can replace the existing stuff with. Unfortunately RaceMesh is not the right design...
      05-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
Tab135
Banned
Rep
Drives: My10 BMW 135

i have a genuine carbon diffuser i may part with.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #9
Moocow
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD135 View Post
i have a genuine carbon diffuser i may part with.
How much are after for it?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #10
melbv
Private
Rep

i guess as long there's someone to deal with locally and no need to send it back to china... it will be much easier to get it right and if the tabs dont suit, we can either get refund or ask him to source something out..

and... can i say that the rear trunk lip shouldnt have much issues with these aftermarket design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Appreciate 0